FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any idea what this weatherstrip is for??

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea what this weatherstrip is for??

Hi all- Take a look at the photo. It's a flexible rubber weatherstrip about 9 1/2 feet long. I went through the manual and parts list several times, but for the life of me can't see where this goes. I thought it might be for the door windows but not described in the manual.

Any ideas??IMG_0466.JPG

Thanks,
    Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Hatch opening maybe?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you're in the right forum.....or sure that that weatherstrip came with your kit? In over 35 GTM builds, I've never seen anything like that supplied with the GTM kit. For a while....not sure if they still do...the GTM kits used to come with a bit of small weatherstripping which was essentially just edge-guard with a very small round bulb seal bonded to one side....and that was supposed to close out the area at the rear of the door jamb next to the seat back to seal the fg body to the cockpit sidewall close-outs.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Are you sure you're in the right forum.....or sure that that weatherstrip came with your kit? In over 35 GTM builds, I've never seen anything like that supplied with the GTM kit. For a while....not sure if they still do...the GTM kits used to come with a bit of small weatherstripping which was essentially just edge-guard with a very small round bulb seal bonded to one side....and that was supposed to close out the area at the rear of the door jamb next to the seat back to seal the fg body to the cockpit sidewall close-outs.
    Thanks Shane. I'm definitely in the right place (GTM#517). The piece in the photo came with my kit but admittedly the build is going slow since 2019, and I don't really remember where in the kit it came from. I am guessing it is a mistake. I do have the piece you mentioned, the small bulb seal for the close-out panel, so that is not it. This piece is so large I can't imagine it fits anywhere.

Appreciate the info.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Hatch opening maybe?
    Mike
    The manual says to use the adhesive bulb seal so really is not a good fit for the hatch. Thanks.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually bought similar weatherstriping for inside of door windows. You might be able to use it there. I am using the Corvette molding for the outside. Definitely did not get the one you have with my kit.