BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: TKO/TKX vs AOD transmission question

Post Thanks / Like

TKO/TKX vs AOD transmission question

Note that I already have this question into FFR Tech Support but I thought I would also ask the collective brain trust here:

I just received the final invoice for my order and noticed that it lists the kit as coming with the TKO/TKX transmission option as opposed to the AOD option that I had originally asked for.

Does this make any difference? Do I need to get the invoice fixed?

Note that I'm in Canada so I'm already getting my driveshaft separately in the correct length for the AOD, assuming that's the only impact on what parts are needed/supplied...

Earl
    1st Speedstar in Canada 31 March 2023.
    Built by me 302 engine, AOD trans, 3.55 IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    If anybody cares note that as per FFR it doesn't make any difference in my case....as I have the AOD correct length driveshaft already coming.

Earl
    1st Speedstar in Canada 31 March 2023.
    Built by me 302 engine, AOD trans, 3.55 IRS.

3. Likes Just 1 More, Geoff H, 33fromSD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only difference I can possibly see would be the trans mount itself and the length of the spacers. Probably the same as the AOD because you are installing a Ford engine, as the TKX is made to fit each manufacturers configuration. I think you are good!
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

5. Thanks narly1 thanked for this post
    Likes narly1 liked this post