Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where do we get a GTM windshield

Post Thanks / Like

Where do we get a GTM windshield

I purchased a partially completed Gen 1 That I hope to start seriously working onin about 1 year (hopeful retirement date). Car is very complete with almost everything needed to continue sans one important part. The windshield was broken by the previous owner. It sounds like FF has no plans to stock windshields in the near future. As I said I won't really need it for at least 1 year but I am thinking the longer I wait the harder it might be to get one.
    Does anyone know of a source. FF said a replica GT40 would work.
    Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by gtpvette; 03-08-2023 at 02:55 PM.
    FFR GTM Chassis 22
    2016 Corvette M7 Z51
    2015 Scion FRS
    AKA FAB on other forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the original broken windshield? One option might be to use it as a template for a Lexan replacement.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've read on while I was searching was that there are 3 different versions of gt40 windscreens. Also read of a gt40 owner buying a GTM windshield because he was passing through Connecticut, and since it wast just over $300 tried it. He said it was close but not close enough to just throw it on. Since you haven't started yet you might be able to make it work with some extra body work. I'm curious what if would take and how much the gt40 screen cost. Seems like anything gt40 is high dollar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since the GTM is out of production at FFR, maybe they would share with you their source for the windshields?
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you call FFR and ask about windshield availability?

I have it on good authority that FFR has plenty of GTM windshields.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I did find some help here but looks like all the suppliers on the site you linked are overseas. I cant imagine what the "windscreen" would cost with overseas shipping and all. But it may have to be an option
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to posting so my replies might not be real smooth. JohnK, I do not have the broken windshield and would like to avoid the lexan or plexi option just due to the scratching. I plan to drive this car quite a bit when completed. Frankenford, I also looked at FFR pricing on them About a year or so ago and was shocked at the low price. I unfortunately did not by one just to store and risk breaking. As far as body work to make it fit I'm fine with that. I have plenty of other mods I plan on the car (I will post when I get Going) But like you I'm sure the fact that it says GT40 it will be much more than what FFR was asking for theirs.
    Alan_C and Crash I did contact FFR and Their response was " Sorry, we do not have any GTM windshields in stock right now as we are not in production for the GTM, and are trying to see if we can order a small batch of windshields for replacements. You can try to search for a replica GT40 windshield as well." I then asked about getting on a list as I have time. Te response was " We don’t really have a waiting list for the GTM windshields, but we’ll keep you in mind if we do get more in. We’re not sure how much stock we’ll be carrying for the GTM since it is not in production right now, and we do not have a timeline on when it may re-enter production. We’ll help out where we can, but cannot guarantee we’ll have all the parts you are looking for." So my hope was someone on the forum has found and used another source.
    Thanks for the replies.
    CK

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are currently out of stock on GTM windshields, but have more coming in. Talked with one of our purchasers, and they are expected to be here at FFR in about a month.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Mad dog Thanks. Just saw the email and will be pre ordering a windshield. FFR is awesome thanks so much for coming through for me and others I am sure as we know windshields don't last forever and these cars are too much to just leave in the garage.