Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fitting the 289 body

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fitting the 289 body

Getting ready to test fit my 289 body on rolling chassis/go kart. Do the 289 bodies have the same fitment issues as the 427 MK4’s? Such as trimming the dash and rear cockpit rolls, needing to trim the fire wall or rear aluminum? Are there any 289-specific issues? Did you test fit with or without bulb seal? Thanks…

2. Thanks Jessew thanked for this post
    Likes Jessew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marks289 View Post
    Getting ready to test fit my 289 body on rolling chassis/go kart. Do the 289 bodies have the same fitment issues as the 427 MK4’s? Such as trimming the dash and rear cockpit rolls, needing to trim the fire wall or rear aluminum? Are there any 289-specific issues? Did you test fit with or without bulb seal? Thanks…
    I didn’t trim the front and rear carpet rolls, wish I did, but it still fits. OK. I did not need to trim the firewall, a rear aluminum. I’ve got a crappy video that you can look at. Look under “chuck the snake” on YouTube.
    Last edited by chuckster; 03-29-2023 at 06:30 PM.
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)