Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Back ordered parts

Post Thanks / Like

Back ordered parts

What is the current lead time for back ordered parts to be delivered to kits recently received? It used to be weeks in years past, I am now hearing months. What is the current situation. Lee R.
    Lee

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our purchasers are working hard to get parts in stock, and lead times continue to improve. Kits are shipping out with fewer backordered parts, and POL sheets have less items on them than before. The team in shipping are getting caught up on getting parts shipped out to fulfill orders, and current POL shipments are starting to ship out in 2-4 weeks after your kit is picked up.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

3. Likes narly1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have read it varies quite a bit depending on what is in stock when the kit is scheduled to ship. My kit shipped the end of October '22. I started with a 7 page POL list and it has been reduced to just 8 items now. It seems like I get a shipment every 3 or 4 weeks. I'm expecting a package today which I really hope will have my gauges in it so I can get the sending units installed, start the engine and go-cart the car.
    Lars
    Novice Build: 289 USRRC Complete Kit #10524, 3rd Gen Coyote, TKX, IRS, 17" Halibrands, Wilwood Brakes, Power Steering