Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: dash panels

Post Thanks / Like

dash panels

when you get the kits dose the dash metal come pre cutout or do u have to do it your self. i wanted to use the gauges that are 2 in 1 and 4 in 1 instead of having all the lil ones.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-1103/?rtype=10

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back when I ordered my kit, I asked for a "blank" or un-drilled dash. Not sure if FFR is still allowing that but you can always ask.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    cool thanks. i might want to put climate controls and a radio there. when i order my kit i want to do some thing different with the interior so my car dosn't look like a clone.
    oh ray i love the qwotes but enough and horsepower shouldent be in the same sentence. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    cbarmy04, You might want to reconsider putting in a radio...from everything I have heard you won't be able to hear the radio.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rj35pj View Post
    cbarmy04, You might want to reconsider putting in a radio...from everything I have heard you won't be able to hear the radio.
    I didn't want a radio in our car until I'd been driving it for a year or two then I wanted one for some of the longer trips. What we did was put a 300watt amp in the trunk, a pair of 6-inch speakers between the seats and a mini-plug to hook up to my iPod. Sounds really good a low speeds, and fair at freeway speeds (loses bass and I've got it adjusted as much as I can without distorting the speakers.) It's enough to keep the boredom away which is what I wanted.

Ray

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarmy04 View Post
    cool thanks. i might want to put climate controls and a radio there. when i order my kit i want to do some thing different with the interior so my car dosn't look like a clone.
    oh ray i love the qwotes but enough and horsepower shouldent be in the same sentence. lol
    There are consoles that have been made to fit between the dash and trans tunnel. Lots of guys have used that to mount radios, speaker and some control etc. leaving the dash pretty clean. I've got some plans etc for making one if you want to shoot me an e-mail I can forward them to you.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    ive seen some remote decks that have a wired LCD remote the actual radio/ changer goes in the trunk but i really want touch screen. some of them have optional engine management systems and other features i like. i got to get the money saved up for my kit .