Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: pin drive trigo wheels

Post Thanks / Like

pin drive trigo wheels

Im considering ordering a 289 FIA kit. I still have my MK4 that I built 11 years ago so im familiar with that kit. my question is the 289 will need pin drive wheels to make it right in my eyes. I have been told that I would need the Moser narrowed rear end 2.5" on each side. ( solid axle 3 link). however I hear that FFR no longer makes the pin drive width lower control arms for the front? will the standard length LCAs work with front pin drives? Im looking for wheel and tire setups like the light blue 289 FIA on their website snd the one in the showroom. I have yet to call them to ask about this. thanks in advance

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR told me the same thing when I ordered my 289 kit September 2021, however, Dave Smith made an announcement they would continue making them and I received mine last summer. Did FFR tell you in person they stopped production (again)?
    289 FIA Complete Kit, ordered September 2021, received February 2022
    My plan is to build a tribute to CSX2345 as it raced in Europe in 1964 (with a few personal touches). Follow along as I fulfill a lifetime dream.
    Follow my build #10295 https://www.instagram.com/ffr289fia/

Post Thanks / Like
    So I did email Jeff Ryan at FFR and he said that I need the 2 piece front spindles and that the standard length front LCAs would work with the pin drive set up. I did not ask if they make the narrowed pin drive lowers anylonger. does anyone else have any info on this setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Bohn View Post
    FFR told me the same thing when I ordered my 289 kit September 2021, however, Dave Smith made an announcement they would continue making them and I received mine last summer. Did FFR tell you in person they stopped production (again)?
    just started following you on instagram, whats your car build going to look like? wheels motor, color etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    luey2011, I plan to paint my car Viking Blue with white stripe across the front, same as the 1964 FIA race cars. I have FIA pin drive wheels and 289 with webers.
    289 FIA Complete Kit, ordered September 2021, received February 2022
    My plan is to build a tribute to CSX2345 as it raced in Europe in 1964 (with a few personal touches). Follow along as I fulfill a lifetime dream.
    Follow my build #10295 https://www.instagram.com/ffr289fia/