I just finished registering my 33 hotrod in Las Vegas here is what's required. I registered it as a replica vehicle which does not require emissions testing.
1. obtain insurance
2. get movement permit at DMV
3. take vehicle to DMV for a VIN inspection. (have the ID tag that came with your certificate of origin attached to the vehicle because the inspector will want to see it on the car.
4. you must take the car to the emissions lab for verification. I think they verify that the replica registration is available since they only allow 100 of these a year.
5. get a safety inspection done at an approved body or mechanics shop. Ask the VIN inspector for a recommended shop. I was having a hard time finding one.
6. make an appointment with the DMV to register the vehicle. you may want to do this first since in Nevada it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get the appointment. at least in Las Vegas it does. take the certificate of origin, purchase invoice, (that came with your kit) and proof of insurance when you go for registration.
I had the roadster windshield on even though I have the hard top option since the car is registered as a roadster and I used a clamp on windshield wiper for the safety inspection. Note that in Las Vegas all the emissions lab inspections and the registration must be done at the east Sahara DMV. Since they are the only facility that keeps track of the availability of the replica vehicle registrations.