Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lance's Roadster Build Thread-Radiator In-And F-panel Bent....OOPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff, It will be on the inside of steering bracket and I plan to keep the outside of the steering shaft open, thanks for the great advice and always supporting the community!
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

"Build a Car" They Said "It Will Be Fun "

Post Thanks / Like
    Lance
    Looks good. When you go to fire it up give me a call and I'll drive over and hold the fire extinguisher. Sounds like your getting close. I need to score some of those carbon fiber panels. I think you told me where you got'em but I forgot! I have some really great ideas for the lower switch / circuit breaker panel and want to use the carbon fiber. Give a shout if I can help in any way.
    Allyn

Post Thanks / Like
    carbon Panels.JPG
    Amazon...
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

Post Thanks / Like
    My son came over this weekend and assisted with the rear Aluminum, so good to be done with that, we got the upper trunk, side walls and rear wall completed
    Rear Wall.JPGPassenger Side Al rear panel.JPGDriver side Rear AL Panel.JPGTrunk Al complete.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I completed the Dash final details, the under dash panels, EPAS controller and installed. I Used modern plastic fasteners for the under dash panel-to-Dash connection. They appear to be pretty good and I am happy. I bought several types to test and settled on a screw in type. The center portion is completely removable while the dash is installed to help access some of the switches and wiring. I installed the EPAS controller under the steering wheel for easy access.
    Center Console under dash panel.JPGDash Final.JPGDriver Side under dash.JPG

But, Had 1 issue, hope I can fix without taking it back out-Center under dash light does not work, no voltage on the bulb supply wire....ARRGH!!!
    Last edited by F500guy; 03-25-2024 at 07:11 PM.

6. Likes Rebostar, Bill Elliott liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a final note, I finally got to test out my EPAS! I dropped the car on the wheels today (Garage door spring broke today and I needed to move the car back for the work) and was able to go lock to lock with my little pinky finger using the steering knuckle! I think I am going to like this!
    EPAS Final Install.JPGEPAS Parts Powder Coated.JPG

8. Likes Rebostar, Bill Elliott liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    good tip jeff. I used nutserts to be able to remove the dash supports.

Post Thanks / Like

Under dash circuit breakers

Lance, the dash looks awsome. Love where you put the circuit breakers. I ordered several of those carbon fiber panels. I'll use one to drop the center of the dash down to the tunnel cover to install all the switches. One for under the right dash for all the circuit breakers and one under the left dash for the EPS switch panel. Really glad your out front blazing the trail for me!
    Allyn

Post Thanks / Like
    So, now that it is spring time almost, (had a few days of nice weather any way) my volunteer job picks up and my other household task pick up so build progress probably take a hit. Does not help when I bend installed panels.
    I was jacking up to do the lower rad hose and my rubber block on the jack was not well positioned and it skidded to the side and the jack caught the bottom of the F-panel, so it got bent a little bit, enough that i want to replace it. So i ordered a new one.

I did get the radiator installed. Tested the Factory provided overflow tank-Only 30 ounces and does not fit well due to the alternator location. So, having heard all the stories about whether it is big enough or not, for my purpose I decided to go after market canton 1.75 qt with sight tube. I will post another question about clearance at that location on another post.

Lower rad Hose.JPGRadiator.JPGRecovery Tank Location.JPGUpper Rad hose.JPG

Obtained a 90 degree hose to do the elbow off the engine. For the corrugated hose, I added (4) 5/32 stainless rivets around 1 rib at the end of the tube. I got some bolt style clamps to install as well.

Went thru my parts and and cannot find the shoulder bolts for the hood hinges not sure if they would be in the hing parts bag or generic fastner box, but I do not remember seeing them ever and do not have a line item on the inventory. Sourced from McMaster , waiting on delivery

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebostar View Post
    Lance, the dash looks awsome. Love where you put the circuit breakers. I ordered several of those carbon fiber panels. I'll use one to drop the center of the dash down to the tunnel cover to install all the switches. One for under the right dash for all the circuit breakers and one under the left dash for the EPS switch panel. Really glad your out front blazing the trail for me!
    Allyn
    Allyn, those are actually the dash gauge setup and adjustment buttons. Includes fuel and tach (2 buttons in the rear) and speedo, clock and dimmer (3 buttons in the front.) But, that would be a good place for the ckt breakers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123