Progress, despite the storm in Portland area this week, did delay some metal I had ordered to finish up my EPAS, so will get back to that next week. In the mean time I got a few parts in and some stuff back from powder coat. I can now prep my transmission since I don't plan on pulling the engine again if I can help it.

Installed my 3 pin hall effect sensor for the transmission, it goes in the speedo hole. Kind of a PITA, and if you wonder why the support bolt hole is ground down on the driver side of the transmission, it is to clear the sensor. The instruction neglect to say that the standard bolt will not work that came with transmission, so off to the hardware store yet again for hex type round bolt slightly longer than the stock hex bolt. This is the speed sensor for the EPAS.
Speedo.jpgspeedo 3 wire hall sensor.jpg

I completed brake reservoir install
Brake res Done 2.jpg

Installed the fake parking brake. This was kind of a PITA, simple does not fit well as assembled in the manual. Swapped the bolts that hold the handle assembly so the small button head is against the trans tunnel, and used the other hole at the front to mount the bracket. no clearance issues that way. Added a spring with a couple attachment brackets to make it feel functional. Took way longer than should have...
park Brake installed 2.jpg

Also installed the shifter handle, another small exercise. FFR shifter had no nuts and the bolts seemed to be metric, So I did not have any myself. Ended up throwing in the scrap bolt bin and grabbing a couple 5/16 button heads in the kit supplied fasteners that had nylock nuts. Not sure why they would include the bolts and no Nuts
Shifter Installed.jpg

Also secured the drive shaft to the diff, loctite (Blue) and torqued

Ordered more wiring supplies to prepare for that part. According to Tremec, the neutral safety switch is supposed to have a relay and can't handle long term current directly in the line for the start solenoid. SO, I will do that and also do the same for back up light. I ordered the pigtails for the sensors and relays.