Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wildwood Brakes help

Post Thanks / Like

Wildwood Brakes help

Guys, I got the Wildwood setup on my MarkIV with 6 piston up front. I am missing the brackets that rivet to the frame where the bulk head fitting clips in.
    The ones that shipped to me were not round and was used for a donor Mustang the way I understand it. There are no banjo bolts and braided flex lines that came in box 16. What was sent to me was the wildwood braided flex lines with the round bulkhead fittings and the 45 degree AN fitting that screws into the caliper. Am I missing something with the brackets? I'm thinking that I don't have what I need and will need to holler at FFR. Any ideas. BTW, does anyone have any pics of the way the flex hoses are run coming from the caliper. I was thinking the 45 out of the caliper would point downward?
    Thanks,
    Ernie

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a different setup than that provided by FFR. I used the brakelines supplied by Wilwood with my Big Brake Kit using the 45 degree fittings at the calipers. Additionally, I used a stainless steel an-3 T-bulkhead fitting at the other end of the flexible hose. The rest of the lines are stainless steel. I'm happy with the result.
    Brakelines.jpgBrakelines2.jpg
    MK4 Roadster Delivered 11/28/2022
    Ford Racing Aluminator A52XS; T56 Magnum
    IRS; Billet IFS; QA1 Double Adjustable Shocks; Wilwood Big Brakes from Gordon Levy
    Slowly building my dream

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done those optional brakes on several builds and always received the necessary parts from Factory Five. The Wilwood 220-12092 Flexline Kit, included with your brake package, should have the fittings for both ends. Factory Five should have included the rectangular mounting tabs like these:

I mount the fronts here:

And the rear here for IRS. Solid axle probably different.

Hope this helps.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, that is perfect...I have the Big Brake kit from Wildwood. I have everything you show, just can't seem to locate the brackets....
    Have a wonderful weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Summit and Amazon have them, but you may have to drill the mounting holes. Just search "Brake Hose Mounting Tabs." They are fairly inexpensive. I think you'll need the 5/8" holes.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    I initially routed my front Wilwood flex lines exactly as Edwardb shows but wasn't completely satisfied with the routing. The end coming out of the frame mounting tab was sticking straight out (as shown in Edwardb's photos) and came too close to the tire for comfort at full lock so I added a 90 degree fitting at the inboard end (the end that attaches to the frame mounting tab. This isn't a great photo, but you get the idea.

MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.