FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear hatch Glass fitment question.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Rear hatch Glass fitment question.

Hi,
    Did anyone with new glass retrofit have to use a different weatherstrip? The glass appears to have a 1/16" gap on the sides after I layed it on the weatherstrip just to see how it fits. Did it suck down a bit when you put the latch on? Any info would help as my coupe is $$ painted and I would prefer not to "trial and ERROR" the glass.
    Thanks,
    Perry.
    1965 Daytona, 331 Stroker, TWIN T3/T4 Turbos, 5 spd Tremec, 3.73 traction lock, 4 wheel power disc brakes, 18" cobra wheels, Candy blue with silver stripes. Glass hatch, A/C.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed the glass but I haven't put the weather strip in yet. I wondered if it would seal as the gap seems a little big but I figured the body guy could shrink the gap with some filler. Alternatvely a thicker seal may be needed.
    It's just A Matter Of Time

Marc

FFR Coupe 434, 347ci, Power Brakes, SAI Mod, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh, it is bowed up a bit, I laid a straight edge on the glass and it is curved. I will look closer once I get it hinged and see if I need taller weather strip on the sides.
    Perry.
    1965 Daytona, 331 Stroker, TWIN T3/T4 Turbos, 5 spd Tremec, 3.73 traction lock, 4 wheel power disc brakes, 18" cobra wheels, Candy blue with silver stripes. Glass hatch, A/C.