Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: What are these parts?

Post Thanks / Like

What are these parts?

I am getting close to starting my Gen 3 Coyote for the first time. I am down to just a few parts in the FFR Coyote Installation kit (16863) that I don't seem to need. What are these parts for?
    IMG_4584.JPEG

Post Thanks / Like
    Energy Suspension Coyote engine mount spacers
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

3. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuhale View Post
    Energy Suspension Coyote engine mount spacers
    Do I need them? Where would they go? My engine seems to sit just fine on the frame mounts. I didn't see any reference to them in the instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Coyote specific instruction manual if you don't have that. Download from FF site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daral View Post
    Do I need them? Where would they go? My engine seems to sit just fine on the frame mounts. I didn't see any reference to them in the instructions.
    They go into the engine mounts as shown in the Coyote supplemental instructions. You don't say which generation you have but for Gen1 it's on page 30, Gen2 page 23 and Gen3 page 40.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff. It is a Gen 3. I am not sure how I missed seeing that. Hopefully I can lift the engine enough to slip them in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daral View Post
    Thanks Jeff. It is a Gen 3. I am not sure how I missed seeing that. Hopefully I can lift the engine enough to slip them in.
    It's a little more complicated than that. Those pieces are intended to go inside the Energy Suspension mounts. You take each mount apart, add the spacers, then reassemble with the longer bolts provided. I strongly recommend you do whatever you have to do to get them installed. They put the Coyote up at the best height to minimize interference with the footboxes (mainly on the LH side) and also for your header/side pipe alignment. So it properly now to prevent issues in the future. It is possible to raise the engine with an engine hoist enough to loosen and remove the motor mounts one side at a time, e.g. remove one, rework, reinstall. Then do the other side. I've done it.

Page 24 of the Coyote installation manual: https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...ster-rev-Z.pdf
    Last edited by edwardb; 07-10-2023 at 01:21 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you ordered your kit with the Gen 3 Coyote and transmission from Factory Five Racing. The engine supplied with the engine stand already have the engine mounts with a set of spacers installed.

Still can't understand why they provide a second set?

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to get these spacers installed with no issues. I had to take the headers back off and then I lifted the engine about 1 inch. That was enough to get the Energy Suspension mounts apart and the spacers installed with the longer carriage bolts. It wasn't that difficult. The engine sits much nicer now.
    IMG_4587.JPEGIMG_4588.JPEG