Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Washington VIN inspection website

Post Thanks / Like

Washington VIN inspection website

Folks,

Well after 2.5 years I have a Roadster ready for the road but I can't get it licensed.

Any one have any luck getting VIM appointments? the blocks open up Tuesdays at 11:00am. They are filled up in seconds before I can even fill out the form. It seems that some sort of automated software is beating me. I have tried for the last 4 weeks with no luck.

Is there a service that can help? Does anyone know of any tricks to get a appt at the Seatac location. Here is the link - https://www.supersaas.com/schedule/w...cles?view=week

Thanks for any insights

Cheers

Mike Todd
    Issaquah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mike,

No inspection needed. Read the post , about four before this one, labeled “quick jacks in Washington”. It actually goes into the back story of why no inspections are needed here in Washington anymore. I just went down the same road you are going down now. I highly recommend calling the Parkland DOL and ask for April. She is one of the last remaining people that that truly understands the process of getting these cars titled. She was very helpful. I scanned the major receipts, sent them to her and she took care of all the paperwork. The only thing I did not have, which is required, is a weight slip for the car from a certified scale. Then, I had to go there in person with the actual receipts and make the payment. I walked out with a registration and title was mailed a few weeks after. It truly went from frustrating to simple.

Dale

3. Thanks Andrew Davis thanked for this post
    Likes Andrew Davis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D Stand View Post
    Hello Mike,

No inspection needed. Read the post , about four before this one, labeled “quick jacks in Washington”. It actually goes into the back story of why no inspections are needed here in Washington anymore. I just went down the same road you are going down now. I highly recommend calling the Parkland DOL and ask for April. She is one of the last remaining people that that truly understands the process of getting these cars titled. She was very helpful. I scanned the major receipts, sent them to her and she took care of all the paperwork. The only thing I did not have, which is required, is a weight slip for the car from a certified scale. Then, I had to go there in person with the actual receipts and make the payment. I walked out with a registration and title was mailed a few weeks after. It truly went from frustrating to simple.

Dale
    Dale - I love you!

I am so messed up here. I will try my local site and then if that does not work I will talk to April! Thanks so much!

Cheers

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Question for Dale. Does April work at the Parkland DOL office or at Parkland Auto Licensing a few blocks away?

I went to the Parkland DOL office this morning to start the registration process on my car. They open at 9, I arrived about 8:50 to find 30 plus folks in-line ahead of me. When they opened up the office they stated that unless you had pre-scheduled an online appointment you would be at the back of the line behind all of the pre-scheduled appointments.

When I checked the web, they don’t schedule vehicle titling online. I called the Parkland DOL office to see how I could schedule an appointment online and they referred me to “Parkland Auto Licensing” a few blocks away for vehicle titles not the DOL office.
    MK4 Complete Kit. Gen3 Coyote, TKX, IRS. Wilwoods, Forgeline Wheels.
    Ordered 11/29/21. Kit received 8/18/22. First start 6/22/23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barwickad View Post
    Question for Dale. Does April work at the Parkland DOL office or at Parkland Auto Licensing a few blocks away?

I went to the Parkland DOL office this morning to start the registration process on my car. They open at 9, I arrived about 8:50 to find 30 plus folks in-line ahead of me. When they opened up the office they stated that unless you had pre-scheduled an online appointment you would be at the back of the line behind all of the pre-scheduled appointments.

When I checked the web, they don’t schedule vehicle titling online. I called the Parkland DOL office to see how I could schedule an appointment online and they referred me to “Parkland Auto Licensing” a few blocks away for vehicle titles not the DOL office.
    I went back checked my notes. April is at Auto Licensing. I mostly felt with her on the phone and e-mail. I do not remember any appointments to go in. Hope this helps.

Dale

8. Thanks Andrew Davis thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D Stand View Post
    I went back checked my notes. April is at Auto Licensing. I mostly felt with her on the phone and e-mail. I do not remember any appointments to go in. Hope this helps.

Dale
    Awesome, Thanks!
    MK4 Complete Kit. Gen3 Coyote, TKX, IRS. Wilwoods, Forgeline Wheels.
    Ordered 11/29/21. Kit received 8/18/22. First start 6/22/23.