FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Sunshine at last!

Post Thanks / Like

Sunshine at last!

Whilst you guys are doing it tough with the heat in the northern hemisphere, we have had a very long, cold and wet winter.... But on Wednesday last week, the sun peeked out for the day and we were able to get the car out of the workshop and on to some dry roads for a 4 hour blast. Took in a visit to a car museum and nice country pub for lunch. Great way to spend my birthday!

Nige & Alf Cobra.jpg
    Mk.4 FFR supplied Right hand drive
    Received 12/2012 completed 12/2019
    Gen1 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS
    Lots of mods to make compliant for Australian design rules

2. Likes Fman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday!
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

4. Thanks Nigel Allen thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    G'day. South Australia, as in Melbourne? I've spent plenty of time in WA (Perth). Are there areas like Margaret River near you?
    MK4, 427LS3, IRS, T56 Magnum, Wilwoods

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Bruce View Post
    G'day. South Australia, as in Melbourne? I've spent plenty of time in WA (Perth). Are there areas like Margaret River near you?
    Close. Melbourne is in the state of Victoria. Ironically a state further south than 'South Australia', go figure! Margaret River, WA, is a beautiful spot and there are lots of similar locations across South Australia. I feel very blessed to live where I do (Adelaide). Loads of great roads on my doorstep and not too much traffic. Plan on doing some long trips with the Cobra into rural areas this summer. Of course, forum members are always welcome to come for a ride. Don't be shy, guys!

Weather is looking great again this Wednesday, so plan on getting some more miles on the clock. Will try and take a few photos too.

Glad to hear you have spent time in WA, it would have been a great experience. Perth is my favourite city.

Cheers,

Nigel
    Mk.4 FFR supplied Right hand drive
    Received 12/2012 completed 12/2019
    Gen1 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS
    Lots of mods to make compliant for Australian design rules

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm embarrassed - I've been to Adelaide but completely forgot it was in SW. I suppose that's the risk of naming your states after adjectives. Beautiful city but very different than Perth. The vibe was older, more laid back and very few "tall" buildings.

Carn the Dockers!
    MK4, 427LS3, IRS, T56 Magnum, Wilwoods