Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Stolen Roadster....Fresno Area

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Stolen Roadster....Fresno Area

Cobra Roadster Stolen!!!

Hi All;
    If you see a maroon Cobra being towed on a car dolly or trailer, call 911 and tell the police where it is immediately and follow them at a safe distance till police intercept. It's a Factory Five with twin chrome roll bars, B.F. Goodrich T/A's, no side pipes, engine or transmission. It was stolen 8/16 from a garage near Blackstone & Shaw. Let me know also. Thanks Everybody! 10851.jpg
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer! I always relied on the fact that most thieves would stay away from these cars as they standout so much. Maybe my reasoning is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly why I’m hiding an air tag where it’ll be hard for thieves to find/remove.

Hope the owner gets the car back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Was this car ever found?

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if the car is found, Cali police don't seem to be willing to recover the vehicles located by the owner unless they are publicly accessible. An owner of a vintage Mustang stolen from L.A. was traced to a desert community outside of L.A. County. Police in both jurisdictions informed, but because the vehicle is behind a locked fence, neither will help with recovery. A sad statement regarding our belief that the police are there to protect life and property.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_C View Post
    Even if the car is found, Cali police don't seem to be willing to recover the vehicles located by the owner unless they are publicly accessible. An owner of a vintage Mustang stolen from L.A. was traced to a desert community outside of L.A. County. Police in both jurisdictions informed, but because the vehicle is behind a locked fence, neither will help with recovery. A sad statement regarding our belief that the police are there to protect life and property.
    sounds like another reason not to ever live in Cali

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaCobra View Post
    sounds like another reason not to ever live in Cali
    Precisely why our decision to move to Prescott AZ from SoCal has been such a great decision. I don't even like visiting let alone try to live there anymore.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    Note to self "Never ever live in SoCal! or any where in ca"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to visit, don't live there anymore. Left about 50 years ago.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been here in California my whole life and I love it here. Your state is probably not my cup of tea, but that's okay. I'm happy for you if you love where you live as much as I love where I live.

Assuming it is some sort of law in California that the police will not recover a stolen car found by the owner unless it is publicly accessible (which is what started the ****ting on California), are you certain your state doesn't have a similar law?

11. Likes john42 liked this post