Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Tank Fittings

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Tank Fittings

Quick question about the standard Factory Five fuel tank. Is this fastened into the car at all, or does it just sit in place? There doesn't seem to be anything in my manual about securing it, but that doesn't seem very safe.

I'm probably going to have to get a custom built one anyway, but would like to understand how the standard one should fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    No I didn’t have any brackets for the FFR fuel cell. It doesn’t get sandwiched in between the frame and the interior firewall. I added some weather stripping to be between the tank and the frame which seems to help with vibrations.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's bolted in a few places, two at the bottom for sure and I think also 2 at the top but it's been a while so I'm not 100% remembering.

I'm really not a fan of the tank the kit comes with, for a variety of reasons. Boyd makes a replacement tank that looks pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I should add that I have an early kit, which doesn't have the firewall and tank modification that gives the driver more leg room. Maybe they changed the mounting on later kits.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had Boyd Welding make a 12 gallon tank for me that is located in the “V” in front of the forward bulkhead, where some people put their battery, then moved my battery to the rear.
    Kit #361, arrived 10/2015, still in progress
    818C highly modified, corvette suspension
    Estimated completion summer 2023!
    1989 turbo Supra 5 sp
    2017 Tundra