Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Frustration with Blue Print engines

Post Thanks / Like

Frustration with Blue Print engines

Curious to know if anyone else has had issues with BluePrint?.......
    Backgroud.........
    Ordered engine & trans October 22.
    Delivered mid June 23.
    Engine had mechanical fuel pump (carb engine) that I was fine with. Found electric pump in create. Being solid guy I am reached out and asked if they wanted it back.
    Found out they had put wrong timing cover on engine and so water pump and front drive needed to be changed.
    They offered up an upgraded water pump and front drive so we went with that.
    They forgot about me and I had to call 3 weeks later to check on it and found out they forgot about me.
    Then it was shipped asap.
    After changing it out and then going to install engine it wouldn't fit. Front drive hit frame, engine wouldn't set down.
    After much back and forth about how to handle the issue I created it up and sent it back for them to fix what they screwed up.
    2 weeks later I checked in and couldn't get a straight answer. Then after a very pointed email i was told it was in production.
    That was a week ago and I still don't have a ship date, nor a working/fitting engine and trans.
    I've requested asap service or money back. (they have 18K of mine and i dont have a working/fitting engine and trans) I've met with excuses for it.
    I'm feed up and ready to just go a different route. I went with them because they are a reputable builder and allegedly know what works for these and what doesn't.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with them. Ive never heard anything bad about them but I'm at the end of my rope and getting ready to pull the plug on them and call the bank.
    Any feed back would be great. This has been a complete sh*t show and all their mistake. I understand mistakes but lets not act like its no big deal and get it taken care of.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not go with BluePrint and am fortunate enough not to have any issues with my engine(s), and customer service has been well beyond expectations. But anything can go wrong and it takes time for the manufacturers to sort things out. However, it seems like you're dealing with either people or a process that doesn't seem to place customer service as a high priority. Regardless of the reason, if they can't/won't provide the service you rightfully expect, the solution is the same...either they put-up or pay back, no more games.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    My issues were different but they helped the whole way. My engine was shipped with the wrong distributer. Supposed to have the one with the coil built in instead sent me a HID instead. No issues as a better distributer just called and once they confirmed sent me a coil and mounting clamp. Installed and all was good. My responses were very quick and this was during the hieght of covid too I might add. So I am sure you are dealing with a corporate growing pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two BluePrint engines; one in my 33 and one in my 55 F100 and have never had any issues. They were always responsive. Heck, even three years later I called them to ask what type of P.S. pump they put on my engine for the 55 because I wanted to get some different hoses so I needed to verify what type of P.S. pump I had, and they immediately responded back.

For my 3rd engine I decided to work with a local engine builder since it's going to be more customized, and I am only 5 minutes from the builder. This way I can easily go in as often as I want to see the progress, discuss changes/issues, etc.. No shipping cost this way either.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely no issues with mine - Sourced it all from Forte. Nobody knows more about what fits than Mike.
    FFR 5385 MKIII. 302, 3-Link. All legal in MA 1/7/2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got it worked out with them.....just had to get higher up the food chain. Still haven't fired it off but hopefully that is coming soon

7. Likes Geoff H liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For your alternative, consider Mike Forte, he is also lower cost than BP. Nothing wrong with them, I've got an engine from them before and it was fine. Mike is the man though.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    I use GM’s Connect and Cruise to get my LS3, tranny, ECU’s and cabling. Free delivery and no sales tax!
    They usually have some discounts the last week in Dec.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.