Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Harness, where do they go???

Post Thanks / Like

Harness, where do they go???

The manual shows the front and rear harness going through the same hole on the driver side of the trans tunnel and the engine harness going through the hole on the passenger side trans tunnel, BUT, my tunnel has 3 holes, one on the driver side and 2 on the passenger side. How did you guys run your harness through the trans tunnel?
    Trans tunnel harness(s).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    My 4L65e tranny had unused threaded holes on the sides that I used to hold the bundles of cables. From there I ran them along the chassis under the floor.
    Make sure you block off any hole where the wire come thru the tunnel and where the tunnel meets the firewall to keep the engine heat from coming into the cabin.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on guys, someone has to know which harness they ran where

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't use the trans tunnel.

I went with the front harness (lights & engine stuff) through the firewall (drilled holes) and then the rear I ran it back on the inside of where the trans tunnel would be (set it the trans tunnel in place and drew the outline of it on the aluminum floor) and used sheet metal screws / wire harness clamps to fasten it to the floor and finally drilled a hole through the aluminum sheeting close to the floor way in the back and exited there for the rear stuff.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The tunnel for my 33 did not come with any holes so I was free to route the wiring as I saw fit. Even if it did you could easily by a grommet plug to fill the hole if you didn't want to use it.

The only wiring that went through the tunnel in my build was the rear harness and the fuel pump & power wiring from the EFI harness. Everything else was routed through holes I drilled in the firewall. The Hot Wire Auto Hemi EFI harness instructions were very specific about the location of the hole in the firewall for the EFI wiring to ensure they all would reach their connection points on the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost like the idea of firewall passthrough's instead of the trans tunnel.. need to do some more thinking on this