BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: A Daytona coupe at last!

Post Thanks / Like

A Daytona coupe at last!

In 1966, I saw my first Cobra on a Chicago street. In 1968, I desperately tried to raise enough money to buy a wrecked 289. The bank's loan officer had no sympathy. The ensuing years have seen me dreaming of the exploits of Shelby, Miles, Gurney, Bondurant, MacDonald and, lately, David Smith. Spending the money to build a Cobra seemed extravagant. I kept dreaming.
    My wife, Judy, I and recently completed our wills. We worried over how to distribute our estate and spent much time in discussion with our children and grandchildren. To my surprise, they all felt we should do something with our money. Our younger daughter suggested that nothing would make "Pops" happier than building his dream car.
    Judy and I have pulled engines, replaced clutches, lowered suspensions, and bloodied our knuckles together. We decided that brand new, shiny, rust-free parts sounded very appealing. Last week we placed our order for a 65 Daytona coupe full kit and a 302/Tremec t5. We both feel like kids waiting for Christmas.
    I look forward to sharing the rest of our story.
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you and your wife , You two worked hard all your life and deserve it . Thats how my wife and I felt when we brought our Roadster , Enjoy , Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Sounds like you have a wonderful family that loves you and understands what is important. Money is great but it's only worth the life experiences it can facilitate.

Best of luck on your journey! I would love to see your progress, so I hope you keep us in the loop.

- Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words. The kit and engine combo are scheduled to arrive the first of February. We should be able to figure out how to post photos and create a build thread by then. We look forward to sharing the fun with everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to following along!

Cheers,
    Jeff