Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  29

Thread: MJS Coupe Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

MJS Coupe Build

Time to get the new build thread kicked off. Finished the roadster build just over a year ago and missed the build process and decided to go with the coupe for the next project. Ordered on new years day last year and took delivery today. I actually delayed delivery for a few months as there were simply too many irons in the fire to even consider taking delivery and getting started. Had a sizeable flood at a cottage early in the year and spent the entire summer re-renovating the lower level. Still crazy busy however planning to build similar to the roadster, at least 20 minutes most days of the week and the progress comes surprisingly fast.
    Build plan / ordered:
    Coupe complete kit, bare frame, IRS, Coyote gen 3 (or 4 depending on timeline), PS, red Wilwoods, QA1's, classic instruments gauges, gasn pipes, non-halibrand wheels, kirkey highbacks, NRG quick release wheel. Most parts I've actually already acquired over the last 2 years.
    Goal is to keep the build as simple as reasonable and clean.

Can't wait to get started and really excited my son (8) is old enough to be interested in helping and learning.
    Delivery was complicated by the crane on the truck being broken, we actually lifted the chassis onto my dolly, then had a flatbed tow truck back up to the Stewart truck so we could roll it off. Really actually went quite quick and was smooth. Also really excited to have the new space to work in and have a lift.

Going to get through inventory obviously first. Ive read through the instructions at least once but will have to follow them for progression as a know the panel install is a bit different for the coupe. Anything recommended as a must-do prior to taking the body off other than what the manual says? That likely wont be for a bit.
    POL list is very short. Only two things missing are the wiring harness and one other part that I'm currently forgetting.

Last edited by MSumners; 11-10-2023 at 09:50 PM.
    Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread

2. Likes rhk118 liked this post