Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Slip yoke question

Post Thanks / Like

Slip yoke question

This is my 1st build and still have questions. I'm installing a 4L65e auto trans bolted to an LS 5.3L engine. The spec page is a little confusing to me, go figure, but I believe I need the 2-3-12051X slip yoke. Is this correct or do I need to wait and measure after trans and rear end are mounted? I did order the 34880X, 27 spline, 35" drive shaft with my kit.
    Thanks in advance for any advice....I'm finding out the builder's in this forum are very helpful and willing to share their knowledge and experience and I hope to one day do the same.
    JW

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same tranny. All I had to do is tell FFR which tranny and diff I was using and they sent the correct DS.
    I’ll check my order later today to see if there is any mention of what yoke I have.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

3. Thanks jwelch7818 thanked for this post
    Likes jwelch7818 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, that was quick, thank you. I did order the ds for my setup but, wasn't sure if they supplied the yoke. It's not listed on invoice, just the ds. If you see it on your packing list, then no worries. If not, I just want to be sure to get the correct one. I get a little confused with what the manual shows on page 634.
    Thanks again Jim,
    JW

Post Thanks / Like
    The slip yoke came on the driveshaft on my order, although I have a manual trans. That's normal as far as I know. You tell FFR what engine, trans and rear end your using and they send the one that fits, 99% of the time.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

6. Thanks jwelch7818 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a table at the back of the hot rod manual that lists all the drive shaft combinations they offer with their part number, the slip yoke spline count, the length and the engine/tranny combo it fits.

Looks like the part number for your combo is 33987.

8. Thanks jwelch7818 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dgc...you're looking out for me once again...thank you very much. I thought the part number you looked up was the right one, just wanted to be sure. I just didn't know if the yoke was supplied with the drive shaft or not.
    Thanks once again,
    JW