Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: New Member from Upstate NY

Post Thanks / Like

New Member from Upstate NY

Howdy Everyone. I'm from the Finger Lakes area of New York. I've got a few cars I've owned over the years, but nothing quite like one of these. I've got more experience building street/strip dragcars, but want something more road-focused. I have done some Skip Barber and other rental-based road racing and its always a blast. So I've been looking for something that can handle that environment, but I really like the simplicity of more classic cars, so something like a Factory Five is perfect for what I'm looking for.

I've been eyeing building a Type 65 for a while now and finally starting to dig deeper to understand all the nuances and really get the process rolling to order it soon.

Here's my only other current "fun" car, which is a 1964 Olds F-85 with a 496 Stroker Olds block, still very much a easily streetable car.
    2023-07-09-11.27.22.jpg
    2023-07-09-11.26.00.jpg
    2023-07-21 20.56.46.jpg

2. Likes JimLev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketF85 View Post
    Howdy Everyone. I'm from the Finger Lakes area of New York. I've got a few cars I've owned over the years, but nothing quite like one of these. I've got more experience building street/strip dragcars, but want something more road-focused. I have done some Skip Barber and other rental-based road racing and its always a blast. So I've been looking for something that can handle that environment, but I really like the simplicity of more classic cars, so something like a Factory Five is perfect for what I'm looking for.

I've been eyeing building a Type 65 for a while now and finally starting to dig deeper to understand all the nuances and really get the process rolling to order it soon.

Here's my only other current "fun" car, which is a 1964 Olds F-85 with a 496 Stroker Olds block, still very much a easily streetable car.
    2023-07-09-11.27.22.jpg
    2023-07-09-11.26.00.jpg
    2023-07-21 20.56.46.jpg
    Hey Rocket. I live in Mechanicville, NY (between Albany and Saratoga). If your ever out this way please feel free to contact me and stop by. The Upstate Cobra Club (on facebook) has members in a wide area of NY. I have a FF 65 coupe. Would love for you to see it. My build thread is in the signature.
    Scott Pregont
    Present build: 65 Daytona Coupe #393 - Forte 427 EFI crate w/TKX 2.87/ .81 - Ordered 11/16/21 - Delivered 6/23/2022
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...na-Coupe-build
    My Albums
    Special Tools, Custom Parts, misc supplies: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2045
    Garage Pics: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2041
    POR15 First Try: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2068
    Silicone application tips: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2063

4. Thanks RocketF85 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Namrups View Post
    Hey Rocket. I live in Mechanicville, NY (between Albany and Saratoga). If your ever out this way please feel free to contact me and stop by. The Upstate Cobra Club (on facebook) has members in a wide area of NY. I have a FF 65 coupe. Would love for you to see it. My build thread is in the signature.
    Awesome, thanks a ton for the offer and I might just take you up on that next time I'm near Albany. I appreciate it!

I'll check out your build thread now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketF85 View Post

2023-07-09-11.27.22.jpg
    2023-07-09-11.26.00.jpg
    2023-07-21 20.56.46.jpg
    I had a 64 cutlass convertible and used the funds from selling it to purchase my Mk4 roadster kit. Very cool one year only cars. Yours is much nicer than mine

7. Likes RocketF85 liked this post