FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Preferred placement for adjustable rear lower arms?

Post Thanks / Like

Preferred placement for adjustable rear lower arms?

Hi all,

I've got a pair of adjustable rear lower arms for my build, but I seem to have misplaced my donor arms, so I'm preparing to buy a fresh pair of donor arms to complete the rear lower set. The question is, should I place the adjustable arms in the forward rear position, or in the rear rear position? Does it matter for installation? Is either position more effective or accessible for toe adjustment?

adjustablearms.JPEG

Thanks in advance for any help / guidance on this little question!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Those look like the front ones. They don't have the brackets on them that I think the brake lines were attached to in the sedan. The kit frame has weld beads on it for the excentric adjusters on the rear mounting brackets. That said, why not get another pair of adjustable arms? It would give you more adjustablility for alignment purposes.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicyclops View Post
    Those look like the front ones. They don't have the brackets on them that I think the brake lines were attached to in the sedan. The kit frame has weld beads on it for the excentric adjusters on the rear mounting brackets. That said, why not get another pair of adjustable arms? It would give you more adjustablility for alignment purposes.
    The ones in the pic are the adjustables - it's unclear to me whether they're intended for forward or rear placement. Anyway, I thought about grabbing another pair of adjustables, but the price difference between them and a pair of plain lowers from Rock Auto is about $300, so this feels like an area where I don't mind economizing (slightly) unless it defeats the utility of even having a pair of adjustables on the car at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whiteline rear control arms on amazon for $230 or scroll down the page. $469 for a set of 4.

https://www.amazon.com/Whiteline-KTA...y/dp/B0070I9UY

Ed