Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cooling Fan Wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Cooling Fan Wiring

Hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction and I apologize if this topic has already been covered.

I did not use the FFR electrical harness. I have everything wired checked and operating normally except the cooling fan which i have not connected yet. I cant seem to figure out how to wire the fan. The vintage air diagram has a hot lead (at least it appears to be a direct power lead to me as I do not have the RT fuse panel.) to the fan and then I guess the trinary switch supplies the ground when needed to close the circuit and turn on the fan. Ok that makes sense to me, however; the Coyote install manual has you connect the orange fan power wire and then a ground from the fan. If I supply a ground to the fan that already has a hot lead to it wont the fan just run all the time or is the hot lead somehow run through the AC and is not hot unless you turn the ac on and if that’s the case i am open to suggestions on how to wire it) I am sure there is an easy explanation that I am just too ignorant to figure out any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Replied to PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.