Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need Help

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help

Hi,
    I'm a mechanic that has a client that bought a Roadster. The person that sold it to him is not willing to answer questions. I was given the task to look the car over and see why it's hard starting, the brakes are questionable. After inspecting the car it appears the builder was in a hurry. I am mainly working on the brakes since that is the top priority. I found the Wilwood brake system balance bar missing components and binding, We actually had no rear brakes. After a lot of research I may be able to assemble the balance bar correctly and get the brakes working. I'm guessing everyone assembles their car in different manners. I would like to discuss accessibility of the master cylinders. It seems that with them tucked away i'll have no choice but to cut access holes. Does anyone have an assembly manual that can be sent electronically? If I understood how it was supposed to be built it would be helpful. Just looking for any help.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    You can download the manual from Factory Five for $9.99.
    #10333 Complete Kit, Carbed 427w, TKX, IRS and many other upgrades

• Order Date: September 11, 2021 - 20th Anniversary of 9/11
    • Delivery Day: April 1, 2022 - April Fool's Day
    • First Start and Go-Kart: January 20th, 2023
    • Graduation Date: July 4th, 2023 - Independence Day!!
    • Legal Registration Date: October 4, 2023 - My Birthday!!

Visit my MKIV Build Thread (#10333)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest your client download/purchase the manual. It would certainly be worthwhile as an owner to have access to it. There are also supplemental instructions that may be useful when dealing with some of the options that can be found on the Roadsters - these can be downloaded for free at https://www.factoryfiveparts.com/instructions/

James
    Mk4 Roadster #9974 - Picked Up 1/2021. Complete kit, Gen 2 Ford Coyote / TKX, IRS. Completed 9/2023

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtee View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a mechanic that has a client that bought a Roadster. The person that sold it to him is not willing to answer questions. I was given the task to look the car over and see why it's hard starting, the brakes are questionable. After inspecting the car it appears the builder was in a hurry. I am mainly working on the brakes since that is the top priority. I found the Wilwood brake system balance bar missing components and binding, We actually had no rear brakes. After a lot of research I may be able to assemble the balance bar correctly and get the brakes working. I'm guessing everyone assembles their car in different manners. I would like to discuss accessibility of the master cylinders. It seems that with them tucked away i'll have no choice but to cut access holes. Does anyone have an assembly manual that can be sent electronically? If I understood how it was supposed to be built it would be helpful. Just looking for any help.
    Thanks
    Jeff
    The driver's side footbox should have an access cover on the inside top of the engine bay. Not much room to work in there, but it is possible to access the MCs and balance bar.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    You can always drill out the rivets on the master cylinder covers/sheet metal to gain access and replace them once repairs are completed.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    As to the hard starting issue, what engine does it have in it, carbed, EFI, stock ECU, in tank fuel pump, etc, etc?

And what is it doing when trying to start, only spins over, starter slow to spin or intermittent, fires briefly, but won't run, etc.

This kind of info would help.