Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Type 65 Godzilla swap and Headers

Post Thanks / Like

Type 65 Godzilla swap and Headers

I have a Type 65 at my office, I just swapped a Ford 7.3 and built some headers and mounted the engine.

Feel free to Roast me.

https://youtu.be/ZS8E9P5MPyY?si=huoy8LnvydzdSHOQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I LOVE It!!!

Well done lads! 👍🏼

But then, I’m the guy that installed a turbocharged BBC + a Powerglide into an FFR ‘35 pickup…..
    Once again with an 88 mm Turbo, Big Block Chevy powered, ‘35 Hot Rod Pickup

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea why you think anyone would want to roast you. Well done and congratulations.
    My Type 65 Coupe: Ordered May 27, 2021. Arrived November 19, 2021.
    I would like to treat my gas pedal as a binary operator. It would be nice to get the cooperation of everyone in front of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's badass. I never thought a Godzilla would fit.
    How low does the oil pan hang?

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that the 5.2 aluminator puts out 580bhp, what is the size difference between the 5.2 and 7.3? other than the obvious 2.1L lol.
    Complete Kit, Gen 2 Coyote w/Gen 3 Intake, and 3.55 IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya that was my question. Other than saying it can be done, any specific rationale for the Godzilla? I think it’s well over 100lbs difference in weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need the Cobra Pan from INdy Power Products

Post Thanks / Like
    More of a traditional motor (pushrod), fits nice, 600hp and 600ftlbs with a cam change. New takeouts are about $5k

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbl7td View Post
    Ya that was my question. Other than saying it can be done, any specific rationale for the Godzilla? I think it’s well over 100lbs difference in weight.
    Big torque, once you get rid of the Ford truck stuff the weight is not that bad, I have one in my Foxbody and it weighs about 450 lbs dressed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzzy View Post
    No idea why you think anyone would want to roast you. Well done and congratulations.
    I'm used to abuse from everyone, thats why.... most people in the public have no idea what it takes to do some of this stuff, generally on social media people pick at every detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsond003 View Post
    I see that the 5.2 aluminator puts out 580bhp, what is the size difference between the 5.2 and 7.3? other than the obvious 2.1L lol.
    Well two completely different engine families for one and about $10K or so on the cost of the engine. The Godzilla is a torque monster, basically a truck engine. The 5.2 XS is a stroked Coyote with the same rev happy nature. So I will suggest the driving experience, while similar in numbers, will be completely different. To me, the biggest difference is the weight. I do not like the idea of more weight up front and the Godzilla does that.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Folkestad View Post
    I'm used to abuse from everyone, thats why.... most people in the public have no idea what it takes to do some of this stuff, generally on social media people pick at every detail.
    Oh, well, yes on anti-social media that is the idea. They have to make as much noise as they can to rise above all the rest of the narcissists.

I like the idea of Godzilla. I mean, how many engines can crank out high levels of torque and horsepower and still run 250K miles without an overhaul? I exaggerate, of course, but there is a truth to that. The engine simply does not have to work as hard as a Coyote to make the same levels of power and torque.
    My Type 65 Coupe: Ordered May 27, 2021. Arrived November 19, 2021.
    I would like to treat my gas pedal as a binary operator. It would be nice to get the cooperation of everyone in front of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_C View Post
    Well two completely different engine families for one and about $10K or so on the cost of the engine. The Godzilla is a torque monster, basically a truck engine. The 5.2 XS is a stroked Coyote with the same rev happy nature. So I will suggest the driving experience, while similar in numbers, will be completely different. To me, the biggest difference is the weight. I do not like the idea of more weight up front and the Godzilla does that.
    I have some experience tracking my 2020 GT350 and my Raptor R that I owned had a 5.2. On the flip side my other friend just broke his crank in half in his GT500. I have been doing R&D and been involved in building parts for engines for Back Draft and Superperformance, the 7.3 even though it weighs a bit more is a great N/A motor for the Cobra type cars, last year I built parts for about 50 of these engines in these cars. My fox body AKA Foxzilla has a 7.3 with a supercharger, detuned it makes over 1,000 at the tires.

we just dynoed a motor with a cam swap and 8 stack injection, it made over 640 hp on pump gas with 630 ftlbs of torque. Godzilla take out engines (new from EV conversions are about $5k too)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Folkestad View Post
    I have some experience tracking my 2020 GT350 and my Raptor R that I owned had a 5.2. On the flip side my other friend just broke his crank in half in his GT500. I have been doing R&D and been involved in building parts for engines for Back Draft and Superperformance, the 7.3 even though it weighs a bit more is a great N/A motor for the Cobra type cars, last year I built parts for about 50 of these engines in these cars. My fox body AKA Foxzilla has a 7.3 with a supercharger, detuned it makes over 1,000 at the tires.

we just dynoed a motor with a cam swap and 8 stack injection, it made over 640 hp on pump gas with 630 ftlbs of torque. Godzilla take out engines (new from EV conversions are about $5k too)..
    I have to speculate why Erik T did not chose the Godzilla for his XTF truck? Just because he had the room for a Coyote and two turbos? Power and Torque for a truck?
    jim