FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hard top mounting holes

Post Thanks / Like

Hard top mounting holes

Does the hardtop and soft top windshield use the same mounting holes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t believe so,I will look in the manual tomorrow and take a picture of that page for you
    33 hot rod,383 sbc tri power setup ,700 r4 transmission,gen1 body gen2 chassis

3. Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I recall, they do not use the same holes. I don't know this for a fact since I only run the soft top, but I recall seeing a couple build strings for folks switching hard top to soft top where the holes are different.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

5. Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    33 hot rod,383 sbc tri power setup ,700 r4 transmission,gen1 body gen2 chassis

Post Thanks / Like
    Copying my comments from the Facebook page...

They could but it isn't necessarily easy. If you are wanting the soft top to work with the roadster windshield, then the placement of the windshield is very specific. This means using the same location and holes is unlikely.

If you don't plan on using the soft top, then you have more flexibility. That flexibility will allow you to place the roadster windshield and the front of the hard top in the same position. The mounting studs locations for the roadster windshield are predetermined (predrilled) by FFR. The mounting holes for the hard top are at your discretion. I managed to have a couple of them in common and a couple of others are unique to each. My placement method was to first fit the hard top and mark the location of the windshield on the cowl. Having done so, you now know where the roadster windshield needs to go.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Copying my comments from the Facebook page...

They could but it isn't necessarily easy. If you are wanting the soft top to work with the roadster windshield, then the placement of the windshield is very specific. This means using the same location and holes is unlikely.

If you don't plan on using the soft top, then you have more flexibility. That flexibility will allow you to place the roadster windshield and the front of the hard top in the same position. The mounting studs locations for the roadster windshield are predetermined (predrilled) by FFR. The mounting holes for the hard top are at your discretion. I managed to have a couple of them in common and a couple of others are unique to each. My placement method was to first fit the hard top and mark the location of the windshield on the cowl. Having done so, you now know where the roadster windshield needs to go.

Steve
    I got the car with the roadster windshield already installed. I have decided to go with the hard top.... for now

Post Thanks / Like
    I am setting my Gen II 33 Hot Rod up to run both the hard top and the roadster windshield. I have installed heat/defroster and AC (for extending the drive season with the hard top). I found the plenum for the defroster prevents the center mount stud for the roadster windshield to be used without modifying something. After weighing all options I am modifying the plenum to accept a stud to come through it.