Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Body buck

Post Thanks / Like

Body buck

I got the plans from shoeless and I built the body buck per the dimensions that were originally from Pete Dove. Im just wanting to verify how the body aligns with it and where the contact points should be. I might have made a wrong measurement somewhere or my body has settled and sagged overtime but it just doesn't fit right on the buck. Seems like the middle plywood is too wide and it isn't wanting to touch the back or front plywood. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd help if I could, but I built my own buck from scratch so that the body fits and is supported much the same as the chassis.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea something seems off. The main body portion of the body buck plans I sent are pretty good. The hood part on mine allowed the hood to slide forward over the years of storage. I had to keep an eye on it and ended up just throwing a pair of jack stands under the front part of the hood for it to sit on instead on that center support.

Post Thanks / Like
    So where does your center plywood in relation to the door openings or rear hatch openings? I can't tell from any of the pics but if I was going to guess I thought it should be right around where the firewall would be. is the rear plywood supposed to be at the top of rear wheel arches?

Post Thanks / Like
    The center ply wood piece rests on the body between the door openings and the rear hatch opening, also exactly where the firewall would be. The rear plywood piece supports the body behind the rear wheel wells. The rear wheel wells are completely open so if you want to slide in totes to rest on the bottom of the body buck as a storage place you can.