FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forte rear brake lines

Post Thanks / Like

Forte rear brake lines

Question on rear flexible brake lines. I bought the dot lines that Forte sells for the coupe with IRS. I am struggling with the orientation to the point that I am wondering what I am missing. If I put them on the way I think they should go, the flexible line comes very close to the boot on the rear axle shaft. When the suspension adjusts I am sure it will touch. Clearly very bad.
    If I turn it around it just looks wrong and seems unnecessary as it extends away from everything.
    Does anyone use these? Or what should I be using instead?

IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg

Reversed orientation
    IMG_1952.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Surely someone has dealt with this. For those who are not using the rear end from FFR, what brake lines did you use?
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    To me picture 3 does not look bad. The parking brake attachment and the brake line at that point will move with the wheel and as long as you have long enough line up to the chassis mount to provide for droop, I would zip tie the parking brake and hydraulic line at the point they cross, then put the wheel thru a full droop and compression cycle if you can to test it out. If the hydraulic line does all its flexing above the brake caliper, I would think it would be fine, just ensure it does not get caught in the spring.

lance
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

"Build a Car" They Said "It Will Be Fun "