Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Considering building a roadster in SF Bay Area, would love to come see yours & talk

Post Thanks / Like

Considering building a roadster in SF Bay Area, would love to come see yours & talk

Hi everyone,
    I live in the south bay (Los Gatos) and I'm considering building a roadster. I'd love to talk to some people that have built them as well as check out their cars.

There are a couple of things that I'm concerned about where I think seeing things & talking in person could help me:
    * Our garage is on the small side, interested in seeing people's garage set ups and getting an idea of how much space it will take
    * I'm 6'3" / 205lbs, if there are any tall people I'd be interested in talking about seats and any modifications you made (bigger footwell?)
    * Just generally interested in seeing a roadster in person and trying to get a sense of whether I want to commit to this

A little about me: I'm 41 and have 3 young kids (2, 5, and 8). I've lived in the bay area all my life. I owned a '66 Mustang a long time ago and did some minor work on it, but have never done anything this ambitious.

Hoping I can meet up with someone and check out your car / talk about the build. Happy to bring by the beverage of your choice

Cheers!
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    There's quite a few near you. We meet every Sat. morning 8a.m. at the LG Diner. Some of us have MKI's, so we've been around the block a few times.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try to make it out one of these weeks. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sacramento area has a great group too. Probably about 25 guys or so and many are willing to give advice, help out, and go for a cruise. I also had a small garage but made it work. I think any of us would take you up on that meet and greet to talk about these cars.
    #10333 Complete Kit, Carbed 427w, TKX, IRS and many other upgrades

• Order Date: September 11, 2021 - 20th Anniversary of 9/11
    • Delivery Day: April 1, 2022 - April Fool's Day
    • First Start and Go-Kart: January 20th, 2023
    • Graduation Date: July 4th, 2023 - Independence Day!!
    • Legal Registration Date: October 4, 2023 - My Birthday!!

Visit my MKIV Build Thread (#10333)

5. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also in Los Gatos and completed my Mk4 last year. Happy to meet up and show you the car and answer any questions you have. Shoot me a PM.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.