FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rev Limiter Mk4 Coyote TKX

Post Thanks / Like

Rev Limiter Mk4 Coyote TKX

hi, I just finished my Mk4 build with Coyote crate engine and TKX trans with Ford Control Pack included in the kit.

I just did my road testing. However, it seems that the rev wont go pass 4.000 mark. its the same when it is in stationary, or in motion. I've inspected the speed sensor located in the gearbox, the wires from the speed sensor goes to the dash. It doesnt go to the ECU. i try to locate the ECU Pin for the speed sensor. can anyboody help with the ECU Pin out or what did I do wrong for this case. The ECU I got is pn RMJR3A-12A650-AKA. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it has anything to do with vehicle speed. (1) The Coyote crate motor setup doesn't use (or need) vehicle speed. There's no provision to input it to the Coyote PCM. Also evidenced by acting the same whether stationary or in motion. (2) Have to ask -- you're positive it's only turning 4,000? Did you calibrate the tachometer? What idle speed are you showing? What MPH indications do you get when at the indicated 4,000 RPM? (3) If really is limited to 4,000 RPM, pretty sure for some reason the PCM is limiting it. Did you check the ODB2 port for any codes? For certain types of conditions, the PCM is programmed to limit the engine including going into limp mode or in some cases shutting the engine down completely.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    simple things first - is your throttle pedal mounted so that you can get full throttle?
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    simple things first - is your throttle pedal mounted so that you can get full throttle?
    yes throttle pedal mounted.. i drove the car on the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with vehicle speed. (1) The Coyote crate motor setup doesn't use (or need) vehicle speed. There's no provision to input it to the Coyote PCM. Also evidenced by acting the same whether stationary or in motion. (2) Have to ask -- you're positive it's only turning 4,000? Did you calibrate the tachometer? What idle speed are you showing? What MPH indications do you get when at the indicated 4,000 RPM? (3) If really is limited to 4,000 RPM, pretty sure for some reason the PCM is limiting it. Did you check the ODB2 port for any codes? For certain types of conditions, the PCM is programmed to limit the engine including going into limp mode or in some cases shutting the engine down completely.
    understood...I will check again on the calibration oof the tacho, i will also check with my scanner and report back if anything found. Thanks Alott for the info on the speed sensor from the TKX gearbox.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saidi7 View Post
    yes throttle pedal mounted.. i drove the car on the road.
    not sure driving on the road can check for full throttle - take the intake tube off and have someone step on the throttle with only the key in the on position and verify that the throttle blade is actually opening to full,

if it is opening all the way then you need to calibrate your tach
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)