Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood Pedal Box Help

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood Pedal Box Help

I bought a partially complete kit with the Wilwood Pedal Box and manual brakes.

The kit instructions tell you to cut 5/8" off the pushrods for the master cylinders. My issue is that I cannot verify that mine have been cut (they do not appear to have been cut). Can someone give me the measurement of either the cut pushrod or the uncut pushrod so I can verify?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would not cut with out a test fit. I know it is an extra step but sometimes I feel I have built my car 4 times already with all the fit-ups and testing.

Lance
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

"Build a Car" They Said "It Will Be Fun "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    I bought a partially complete kit with the Wilwood Pedal Box and manual brakes.

The kit instructions tell you to cut 5/8" off the pushrods for the master cylinders. My issue is that I cannot verify that mine have been cut (they do not appear to have been cut). Can someone give me the measurement of either the cut pushrod or the uncut pushrod so I can verify?

Thanks in advance.
    Hey Don! I cut mine, and they now thread just into the body of the clevis. before I cut them, they extended pretty far into the body of the clevis, almost to the point they would hit the balance bar.

Here's a picture of mine after being cut. Dunno if that helps. Feel free to stop by and look at mine if you want.

Greg

Pedalbox 9.jpg
    Last edited by gbranham; 02-29-2024 at 01:55 PM.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine were almost touching the balance bar but the previous builder also had washers between the master cylinder and the bracket holding them. Sounds like cutting is in order.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cut mine. Works fine. From end of M/C housing (where rod comes out) to end of thread is 3".

Or, an alternative measurement, the length of threaded portion of the shaft after cutting is 1 1/8"