Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oregon registration

Post Thanks / Like

Oregon registration

This is for the Oregon guys , what is required to register a FFR cobra in Oregon? Is it a difficult process? Hopefully not. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not at that point yet. The documentation seems simple enough. If you go to the DMV web site there a list of forms and the process for a home built or replica car.
    MK IV Delivered June 27, 2023 Build Thread-https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?46069-Lance-s-Roadster-Build-Thread-Starting-the-Al-panel-slog

"Build a Car" They Said "It Will Be Fun "

Post Thanks / Like
    Its been a little while since I went through it for my 818, but it was very easy. Figuring out exactly what forms were needed was a little tough, but its just a matter of paying the fee. No inspections. Assuming its the same for a cobra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick question, I have looked at all the Oregon DMV sites and I can’t find the vehicle requirements to be registered, ie, are bumpers required, are windshield wipers? Hopefully someone knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the state requirements are in the various general requirements for vehicles. As far as the registration process goes I don't think there are any. I could have registered my kit on the day it showed up at my house for all the state cared about vehicle condition when I did mine. They told me they don't want to tell you if you did anything right or wrong because they don't want any liability. No one ever looked at my car. This was back in 2018, so things could have changed.