BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Used TKX Transmission

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Used TKX Transmission

I have a used TKX transmission out of a 1990 Mustang. As this was not the stock tranny for that car I'm not sure how many miles are on it. I opened all the covers and everything looks good with no pieces/filings anywhere inside. It has the shifter located at the rear location but can be changed with a kit. requires correct bell housing to match up to Ford engine. Asking $850. This is located in Massachusetts so would be best if you are close by although I'm willing to drive some distance to help with delivery. Email: [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but if it's out of a '90's Mustang it isn't a TKX which was only released a few years ago. The TKO-500/600s came out early 2004.

A bit more research is in order to determine what it is.

Jim
    2016 Mk4 Challenge Car, IRS, 3.31 Torsen, RDI Aluminum 427w, AFR 225s, Vic Jr. ProSystems 780 HP, TKO-600 w/Liberty mods. Forward cage. Levy 6/4 piston Wilwoods. Not completed yet, will be a streetable track car.
    2004 Superformance MkIII #1855, 2007 Superformance MkIII #2584 purchased in 2012 both sold.

3. Likes Alan_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    I have a used TKX transmission out of a 1990 Mustang. As this was not the stock tranny for that car I'm not sure how many miles are on it. I opened all the covers and everything looks good with no pieces/filings anywhere inside. It has the shifter located at the rear location but can be changed with a kit. requires correct bell housing to match up to Ford engine. Asking $850. This is located in Massachusetts so would be best if you are close by although I'm willing to drive some distance to help with delivery. Email: [email protected]
    I am currently selling the correct bellhousing with this transmission for a Coyote. As the TKX is still pretty new I can't imagine the trans to have tons of miles on it. Pics?
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    I missed the proper part number when I listed this. It is a TKO which was sold and installed as an aftermarket transmission for Mustangs. It has the removable center cover which allows for relocating the shifter. I purchased it used for a car I am building but ended up going a different route. According to the person I purchased it from, the tranny was installed in the Mustang and street driven for "a couple of years" before the car was parked and later used as a parts car for another Mustang.