Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Godspeed Ron Preston

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Godspeed Ron Preston

Last Friday, I received a call from Nancy Preston, the wife of customer Ron Preston. Ron has had a huge presence in the FFR community, helping many build their cars and providing great feedback on The Factory Five Forum over the years. Nancy kindly asked if I could spare a moment to speak with RonĀ… I was deeply touched by the request. It turns out, Ron had kept his battle with stage 4 cancer private from everyone. Despite his circumstances, Ron and I laughed it up remembering good Factory Five stories and mutual friends. Ron let me know that he was in hospice and wasn’t going to make it long. He wanted to thank me for the cars, community, and adventures he had enjoyed for more than a decade. He told me that FFR was such a big part of his life. What an honor it is to run a company that makes such a difference in the lives of others. I ended the call humbled and in tears knowing this good man was facing the end of his road.

Ron helped many people build their cars, and was a skilled mechanic and lifelong Ford lover. He passed away on Tuesday morning.

Ron with Factory Five customers Jim K., Tino, and Joe M.

Ron Preston reminds me that the “stuff” only matters when it brings us together with the ones we love. How lucky am I to run a company that understands we build far more than cars. What an honor to know Ron and offer my condolences on behalf of everyone at Factory Five Racing.

Godspeed my friend.

Nancy has informed us that the funeral will be held on Monday, March 25th, from 10 am to 12 pm at Candle Light Funeral Home in Catonsville, MD. If you wish to honor Ron’s memory, Nancy kindly asks for donations to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in lieu of flowers.

Candle Light Funeral Home
    1835 Frederick Rd.
    Catonsville, Maryland

Click here for full service details.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

2. Likes Fman, RJD, Ted G, JimStone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sad to lose a member of the F.F. community. Cancer is such a nasty disease. RIP Ron.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to Ron's friends and family.

Seems like our group has been getting this kind of news way too often recently...I suppose when you have a company and growing community that's been in existence for nearly 3 decades it's inevitable but that doesn't make it any easier to take.

Godspeed Ron.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    This is very sad news. I did not know Ron but recall his name and his participation in a great community. God I hate cancer.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.