So, 44 days since delivery of the kit and I'm just starting the hard brake lines. The rear end took longer to source and rebuild than I had anticipated. But, it's in and ready to go. Installed the reservoir after powder coating the bracket to hang it on. I was concerned that putting it on the forward footbox firewall wasn't going to get it high enough. Many posts in the forums showed several installs on the 3/4" tube where I put mine, and I hope it will work well once the body is on....

The fuel tank is in, but the in-tank fuel pump is awaiting replacement, as I got a little too aggressive with the tiny 4mm wrench when wiring it up, and snapped off the post. New one arrives today, and (hopefully) will be successfully installed tonight. Still have to figure out where to put the filter.

I was holding off on the cockpit aluminum until I ran the brake lines. A little hesitant on the lines, as this isn't something that I've ever messed with before. Lots and lots of valuable info on the forums on this though, so this weekend will be dedicated to running those lines.

FF sent the 15" faux Halibrand wheels last week, and I had them shod with BFG Radial T/As. Quite a bit of rubber there for such a small car! I love the looks of them.

After reading the posts pros and cons for the battery in the Breeze box up front, I'm thinking that makes the most sense. I am curious though, as I'm not familiar with the provided wiring harness. Is that going to require modification to the harness? I'm already sweating the electrical, so making it more complex to install isn't something I'm eager to tackle.

Enjoying the build far more than I thought I would. I'm not a mechanic, and didn't buy the kit out of desire to build the car, I just wanted to drive it. That said, the process has uncovered a number of new and interesting aspects of the car that I wouldn't otherwise have been exposed to. While I've had a few struggles (putting the steering arms on the wrong sides, fighting mightily for an entire afternoon trying to get the bearings out of the axle housing, etc..), getting the powder coating system down, and many other little things have been rewarding and enjoyable. Who knew?

Here are some recent pics:

IMG_20240501_224828.jpgIMG_20240501_214127.jpgIMG_20240428_152929.jpg