Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fat Larry’s Garage AC / Heat system

Post Thanks / Like

Fat Larry’s Garage AC / Heat system

So I spent yesterday trial fitting a Vintage Air Mini Unit I think it will work with some creative ducting. I wanted to see if I could get this to work since I would like to drive this car all summer and in the East it gets hot in August. I have always had great luck with Vintage Air SystemsC08596AE-FD36-4D96-9E84-17360DD4F203.jpg0B319A1C-67BE-4EFB-A30B-414A20C01107.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    You think you have creative ducting issues. I am mounting a Vintage Aire Gen IV unit behind the seats. I am routing the defrost ducts through the roof.

The default A/C FF supplies is about 13,000BTU. The Gen IV is 24,000BTU. I may be off a bit on the numbers as it has been a while simce I did that bit of homework. Driving in North Texas I want all the A/C I can get. I am also partioning the pasenger compartment from the storage compartment.

Good luck with yours!
    My Type 65 Coupe: Ordered May 27, 2021. Arrived November 19, 2021.
    I would like to treat my gas pedal as a binary operator. It would be nice to get the cooperation of everyone in front of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was also looking at that option but I think I can make this work I also want as much AC as I can get