Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I'll Be Back in the Fold Real Soon

Post Thanks / Like

I'll Be Back in the Fold Real Soon

Alan here, now from Prescott in the great state of Arizona. After building my MK4 starting back in 2011 and then selling it in 2018, I will pop on a Gen 3 Coupe this week.
    I sold the MK4 because I wanted a car with a roof and, for some reason, I thought building a vintage Mustang would be cheaper way to go that to build a coupe. I have been building my Mustang as a 70 Boss 302 tribute done in a full pro-touring style. Little is left of the original Mustang beyond the shell. For those interested, a link to my build thread is in my signature line below. I will leave my build thread for reading by those who want more info.
    I will order a highly optioned coupe base kit Friday. There are too many things I want to do that are not part of the complete kit, so the base kit make more sense. I am really happy to be back, never really left, and I am looking forward to getting the coupe on the road in a couple of years.
    I visited the Shebly American facility in Las Vegas last week and snapped a couple pictures of one of their completed replicas.

Also bought a sign to add to my collection and specifically for my new garage.

A full build thread will document the build as it will be a bit more non-traditional than most. Power will be from a stack injected 363 SBF. I will back the engine up with a 10R80 auto from a late model Mustang. Rear suspension will be the 2015 IRS with 335s in the back. I will add big Wilwood manual brakes, power steering, and of course AC. Think of Paul's (EdwardB) build as a target with a different engine and transmission. Should be fun and a great follow on to my Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute.
    Cheers!
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll subscribe! I had stumbled across your Mustang build thread while searching Coyote wiring. Your write ups are detailed, I like that!
    Higgy
    MK4 #11012 picked up 04/16/24
    351W, 3 link, single roll bar
    MK4 #10616 picked up 4/10/23
    302w, 4 link, 17's, dual roll bar SOLD
    MK4 #9759 picked up on 4/3/19
    351C, 3 link, 17's, dual roll bars SOLD

3. Thanks Alan_C thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Alan,
    Glad to see you back building a FFR again. I look forward to your new build thread and am interested in how you will adapt the 10R80 into the coupe with the IRS. Hopefully you will have more space than I had in the Hot Rod, where a 6R80 is a tight squeeze.
    Keith HR #894

5. Thanks Alan_C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgybulin View Post
    I'll subscribe! I had stumbled across your Mustang build thread while searching Coyote wiring. Your write ups are detailed, I like that!
    Higgy
    Higgy: Thank you sir for the positive comment regarding the detail. I wasn't sure if it was too wordy, but I wanted folks thinking about doing similar mods to understand up front what they were getting into. That said, there is more to come from now to the finish, planned to be in the spring of 2025. I would like to say I am done, but not quite yet. I will be done painting and applying Raptor liner to the bottom and wheel wells this week. Then the hard stuff begins with the final body work up front. I have a seasoned professional that will assist with fitting the doors, front fenders and hood in order to accelerate my schedule. I can't afford another long learning curve this time. I will really see that light at the end of the tunnel once the bodywork is done. I should be there early this summer as the body is scheduled for paint in the September or October time frame. This is one deadline I will do everything possible to meet. Funny, in the last few months I have been running on about 4 to 5 hours sleep average, a primer for the bodywork I guess.
    Last edited by Alan_C; 04-01-2024 at 11:40 PM.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.