Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Daytona ride height

Post Thanks / Like

Daytona ride height

I’ve found numerous threads on the best way to adjust the ride height. I followed Paul’s suggestion on my Koni double adjustable shocks. My question is after getting the desired ride height and lifting the car back up there is no pre load on the spring (appears loose now on the shock). Is this normal, shouldn’t there always be a preload on the spring?

Post Thanks / Like
    No. Most times when the suspension is at full droop when raised the springs are loose.

Jeff

3. Likes Alan_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff!

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is being adjusted that far, why not set the suspension at race height? This lowers the car by almost 1 inch removing the need for the springs to be adjusted so far. Also beneficial when driving as the springs always have preload. I think you would notice the difference if you are driving aggressively enough to lift a corner or end of the car. It should give you more tune-ability since you are farther into the spring compression - though too far can cause the same issue on the other end of the spectrum.
    With that said, I have seen some of the guys swap out the kit springs for lighter ones for ride quality suggesting that you can’t unload these springs far enough for their liking.
    Last edited by neilkuy; 04-07-2024 at 06:02 AM.