Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paint shop in Vancouver BC

Post Thanks / Like

Paint shop in Vancouver BC

Can anyone recommend a paint shop in Vancouver BC with experience painting a roadster with stripes?
    Thx. -Morgan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Morgan
    You're not going to find any shops that are really familiar with FFR cars and the nuances that go along with it. As such, you can find a couple of shops that are going to do a good job but it costs big $$$. First I guess you should clarify if you're actually looking for someone to do just paint or the initial body work as well (I assume the latter).

BTW, when I was trying to figure out who to do my '33 I was chatting with "AC Bill" on Vancouver Island and he knows someone on the island that did his years ago at a reasonable price. Might be something to look into...

Steve
    Last edited by FF33rod; 04-10-2024 at 03:37 PM.
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve, I'm plugging away at the rough bodywork now. I think I'll be able to get it fairly close to ready for primer. I'm looking for a shop to do just the final prep and good-quality paint.

There seems to be a real lack of paint shops in Vancouver that paint "collector" cars for a reasonable cost. The medium-high quality shops appear to be only interested in ICBC jobs. I guess Richmond has no shortage of scratched-up supercars to keep everyone busy.

There are several FFR cars running around Vancouver. I hoped to find someone with some experience in painting an FFR roadster, especially with paint stripes.

-Morgan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Morgan - Collector and "reasonable cost" can't be used in the same sentence. Actually, Vancouver and reasonable cost don't go together either (as you know). The shop rates are stupid high due to the overheads of course. Very high reviews on Wicked Customs (they did my '33, Langley, they are also affiliated with the SoCal Speed shop), Jellybean AutoCrafters, mixed reviews on 360 Fabrication in Abbotsoford. Whether or not any of these guys will take on something they haven't prepped will be a crap shoot. You'll have much better luck with more reasonable rates outside of Vancouver. Valley Rods and Custom in Princeton is good and there are shops over on the island... Let me know if you want an intro to Wicked and I could dig up a name or two on the island if you wanted. Either way, post which way you decide to go...

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve, I'm going to call Wicked Customs in Langley. I hadn't heard of them, but it looks like they do nice work and good reviews. Thanks for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind that most high-end body shops don't/won't paint over someone's else's bodywork. If there is an issue later (paint cracking or peeling) you get the blame, not them. Maybe find a paint place before doing more bodywork. You may get charged for them undoing what you spent time doing.