Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Current Turn Signal Options

Post Thanks / Like

Current Turn Signal Options

I have been looking for what the current turn signal options are currently. I thought that there was talk of someone continuing Russ Thompson's turn signal design, but I have not been able to connect or get any information. What are people doing for turn signal kits these days? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Frank at I.E. 427 makes a nice one.

Henry

3. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, thanks! I just reached out to him on FB.

5. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your interest in our product Andrew.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1214381&type=3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCCORMICK View Post
    I thought that there was talk of someone continuing Russ Thompson's turn signal design, but I have not been able to connect or get any information.
    TJ @ https://www.mountain-metalworks.com/ took over the RT design. Reach out to him if still interested. He did make some nice changes.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by i.e.427 View Post
    Thanks for your interest in our product Andrew.
    Frank, Sent you a message via Facebook.
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weendoggy View Post
    TJ @ https://www.mountain-metalworks.com/ took over the RT design. Reach out to him if still interested. He did make some nice changes.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    Frank at I.E. 427 makes a nice one.

Henry
    Henry, Thanks again. I've been talking with Frank - good guy and his turn signal kit looks great.

11. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think TJ at https://www.mountain-metalworks.com/ is around. I've left a number of messages and emails with no response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakro View Post
    I don't think TJ at https://www.mountain-metalworks.com/ is around. I've left a number of messages and emails with no response.
    I have had that same experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don’t need auto-cancellation you can also consider a basic hot rod turn signal solution. They are quite inexpensive and straightforward to integrate. Just google hot rod turn signal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rian_Colorado View Post
    I know TJ has had some family issues that have taken him away from his business. I had a drop trunk outstanding from him and he bent over backwards to get it out to me and service was GREAT. That was back late last year so havent heard anything from him of late. Hope all is going well with he and his family!
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rian_Colorado View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakro View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Yes, I'm still around and continue building Turn Signals assemblies and other parts. Some personal issues finishing off '23 and into '24, and more recently 6 weeks of a lung infection and cracked rib(coughing) have really put a damper on things. It has taken it's greatest toll on my communication with potential customers, which I'm extremely sorry for. Production of the RT turn signals continues at 5-6 per week to get through our backlog, and we have a batch of 17 in production right now. Pics of the most recent batch in production and some finished units from recently below. I have all emails and communications saved and I'm working on (belatedly) getting back to inquiries and using those original inquiries as a "placeholder" for Turn Signals in priority order.

TS building.jpgCompleted Turn Signals.jpg

Dropped trunks and throttle pedals are already built and ready to ship.
    Dropped Trunk.jpgThrottle Pedal.jpg

I have gotten off to a poor start communication-wise with my beloved FFR community when it comes to producing and selling these parts. I can only hope that the quality of the parts, the very reasonable prices, and the overall experience can make up for the hurdles in contacting me.
    I will be updating the website as well to reflect these parts, especially as we try to expand into other items once our turn signal backlog is cleared.

I will work to find your specific emails and get back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience,
    -TJ
    www.mountain-metalworks.com

17. Thanks TXeverydayDad, cc2Arider, WIS89 thanked for this post
    Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also reached out a few weeks ago, I hope you are doing better. Can you PM me for a turn signal assembly for my coupe build.
    Retired Army. 2020 Roadster Complete Kit, Gen 2 Coyote w/Gen 3 Intake, and 3.55 IRS. 2024 Coupe Gen 3 Coyote Complete kit, 3.73 IRS, T56 Mag.

Post Thanks / Like
    I reached out to Frank at i.e.427. He said they have a version in work for the coupe. They should have a beta unit in the not too distant future, hopefully late Summer.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.