Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trick Flow

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trick Flow

Hello,

Some racers have already ordered their new Trick Flow top end kits. We shipped all in stock parts and the cylinder heads will ship out when completed. By doing this, the engine builders can assemble their short blocks and be ready to install the cylinder heads when they arrive. I just wanted to point out that if this is what you’re doing, it’s a great idea; just remember not to install your factory heads with your new Trick Flow kit, then switch the Trick Flow cylinder heads for the factory Ford heads when they arrive. If you try to use the factory heads with the new camshaft, the factory valve springs will be incorrect. The lift and duration of the Trick Flow camshaft is too aggressive for factory springs. This can potentially cause valve float, binding of the springs, or even valve to piston clearance problems.

All is going well here. We have all the components for the new cylinder heads and casting will be here shortly. Once the castings are in we can machine and assemble. I can’t wait to see some video of all the racers on the track with the new combination, or maybe I can catch a race in person sometime this year. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Eddi
    Last edited by ED@TFS; 01-25-2012 at 11:20 AM.