BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,840 of 2016

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike,

When I get discouraged I look at your build and the latest and greatest from EdwardB.
    You guys keep me motivated because you've proved that building your dream car takes time, money, but most of all it takes PATIENCE!
    I hope to do a Chevy Powered Type-65 down the road after my son, who is a Senior in High School, gets through college.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Mike,

When I get discouraged I look at your build and the latest and greatest from EdwardB.
    You guys keep me motivated because you've proved that building your dream car takes time, money, but most of all it takes PATIENCE!
    I hope to do a Chevy Powered Type-65 down the road after my son, who is a Senior in High School, gets through college.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

I have always been a huge fan of the Daytona Coupe, and the Type 65. Especially the new Generation version... I could definitely see that. It's definitely on the list of cars that will be built.

But I also have plans for a full on custom 62 Corvette (resto-mod). And I want to have our 1930 Model-A ford completely restored: top to bottom, inside and out. So Tony's going to be kept busy, if I have my way.

What's that...? Is that the sound of the ocean breeze blowing across a Conch shell? Hmmm. Sounds like Key West is calling.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Key West Is The Plan Once We Are Legal & Have A Top!

I'm working on the fan shroud and radiator mount right now.
    We will be posting a new video once we get past the 1st start and Go-Kart test.

And Somebody To Take Care Of The 3 Cats, 2 Dogs, Gold Fish & Flying Squirrel.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-28-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The car looks fantastic Mike.

I've been following the thread since the beginning and really hope you enjoy her now that it is being finished.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a brief conversation with Tony earlier. He said that he was in the process of doing the final buff of the doors, and then reassemble them. Mirrors, Glass, Windows, and then re-hang them for the LAST time.

We're still waiting for the roll-bar "halo" cover and a-pillar covers to be finished (adjusted) and re-installed, so the Windshield can be re-installed. Then the areas around the windshield can be final buffed without getting the interior splashed with polishing compound.

I guess the rear rear of the car (from the doors back) can be final buff and polished before the windshield goes back in. We'll see how it all works out, But the build seems to be winding down. That's a good thing.

Stay tuned...

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Encouraging news, Mike! Where I live, I'd tell Tony to take his sweet time because I wouldn't be able to enjoy it until March or April... You have it nice down there in Charlotte. Yes I am jealous.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like good news getting closer to getting it home and being able to enjoy.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I went into the shop this Friday to see the progress.

Still waiting for the halo cover to be finished by Steve at The Custom Stitching Co. We can't install the windshield until the halo is done.

Steve told Tony that he will have it done this week. So she's waiting.

When I walked by, the window seals sort of called out to me. I really noticed how well Tony designed the windows, seals, etc.

So you know me... I had to take a couple of pictures.

Very nice fit.

With Pandora finishing up, Tony has another cool project that he's about to start up. If you've watched Gearz (Stacey David) recently, you've probably noticed a "Cheetah" sitting in the background, that he's building. We'll he has asked Tony and the guys to do the body work and paint. They brought it back to the shop last weekend. At this point, I'm not sure what the color and overall look is going to be. But then again, it's a Gearz project, so I'm sure it will be completely over the top.

I'll post a couple of pictures soon.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-04-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    "Gearz" Cheetah...!

An LSx 454 Crate, with Hillborn stacks, and custom Long Tube Headers that lead into side pipes, on a car that weighs about 1900 lbs. (I'm guessing)...

Can you say TIRE SHREADER????

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-04-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

And I thought that the GTM was a tight fit to get in and out of.

Should be fun to watch...

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-05-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Who's GTM hood do you think this is?

Dr. Eric Brown. Painted in the same Shop, at the same time as my car.

Jaguar Sapphire Pearl. Looks amazingly similar to BMW Carbon Black to me. Or maybe it's Carbon Black, CALLED Jaguar Sapphire Pearl.
    I guess I just look stupid.

Maybe it's just me... But to spend $25,000 + (and still adding to the total) for body & paint,for the 2nd time, and to see the same color on the same car in the same shop, is deflating to me. Especially when my car is not even out of the shop yet...

I had a feeling that this was coming, but I thought that he (Eric) would have had a little more consideration. But who am I to tell anyone what color their car should be...

I'm sorry. I'm just not too thrilled at the moment.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-08-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Imatation is the greatest flattery? No?

Yeah me neither. I would be pissed too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Paging Dr. Eric Brown, paging Dr. Eric Brown.

Really dude???? wtf?
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    That just plain sucks! End of story!
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? You all are upset because someone decided to have their car done by a painter that is being publicized on this site and the car looks so good that the second guy said "that's what I want my car to look like"? Maybe the BMW owners with that color should be pissed that us lowly kit car guys can't even come up with our own paint colors! See how ridiculous that sounds?

There will only ever be ONE Pandora. Imitation IS the greatest form of flattery.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No Comment Other Than I Concur!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Crash,
    I can see why he's upset. This is a unique, custom built car, not a factory by the thousands car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all. Please relax.

To begin with, Yes Mike, I was Pissed, and without apology.

I may have over reacted a bit. But in my defense, I did say in my post that I don't feel that I have any right to dictate to someone else what they can or can't do, or should or should not do. (Actually what I said was, "Who am I tell anyone what color their car should be...").

I've gone way out of my way to make this car as unique as I am able to, and at great expense; (at least to me). And to see it being somewhat duplicated, before it has even left the shop, just hit me wrong.

If that offends anyone, ruffles any feathers, or otherwise makes me seem childish, then Oh well... Sue me. I can't help the way I felt about it.

But I suppose I could have waited to post anything about it. Not sure it would have made much difference though.

However, having said that; It it looks like you're going to have a beautiful car Eric, and I'm glad for you. These cars deserve to look as nice as we can possibly make them.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-08-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mike figured there would be imitators, but didn't figure on instantaneous! Did Tony's shop paint both? Did Tony tell you that Pandora was being cloned (to some degree)?
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Tony painted both cars.

After speaking with Eric, a while back, in regard to whether I would recommend a different shop that he was talking to, I told him that there was a reason that my car is where it is, and not at the other shop. Then I gave him the contact info for him to call Tony.

Obviously with two GTM's in the shop, Tony and I talked about this possibility, and I told him that while I can't prevent anyone from painting their car any color they want, I would prefer that the two car not be painted the same color back to back. When he saw my car come out of the booth, He told tony that he wanted the same color. Tony pushed back, and later told me that they wouldn't be the same.

Personally, I couldn't care less what color he chooses. I just didn't expect to see it pretty much duplicated (paint) before mine is even finished. But, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter.

Again, it just struck me in a strange way that I hadn't expected, and I reacted. As a result, More attention has been given to this than should have been. And that's my fault.

I'm really not this petty about things. Although, Tony told me recently that Pandora has been his most "Demanding" project to date, and that I have been his most "Demanding" customer. So who knew? Maybe I am, and just didn't realize it... Although I thought that I've been pretty patient to this point, except for a couple of periods of what I consider to be normal frustration... Go figure. March will make it 2 years.

He says that there is a difference in the colors of the two cars that you don't see in pictures... Maybe. But to me they looked pretty much identical.

Either way, It looks like the guys are doing a good job on it.

Good for him.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-08-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know Eric, but to me he is going to do his own thing, or fall flat trying to mimic arguably the highest budget GTM build to date.
    So let's move on... Keep the updates coming Mike! Looking forward to graduation pics!
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just checking to see the progress. Coincidental that two GTM guys are getting ripped off this week?

I know how you feel (literally), as something just happened to me. In the end, Beeman is correct...just move on.

The originals have paved the way and aremleaps and bounds ahead.

How close to getting your car back home?
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 02-08-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

I believe as you it would be disappointing to see identical paint right next to it in the same shop. I think you have been incredibly patient and understanding on your build. Beautiful GTM hope that you have it home soon and can enjoy it.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Pandora build (Reboot).

I stopped into the shop to see the progress of Pandora. It was good to see what was being done.

Tony's hands are somewhat tied in terms of being able to finish her up right now.

I sent a "final" punch-list of items that I feel need to be done in order to get everything wrapped up. This list was taped to the front fender.

So I know that effort is being made towards finishing.

One of the items on the "critical path" is getting the "halo" and A-pillar covers adjusted and recovered, and then reinstalled. Then the windshield can be put back in. Then the car can be buffed for the last time.

So the car is pretty much "done", but we have to wait for Steve Kurzman to finish this "fix". I stopped by Steve's shop after I left Tony's shop. The door was locked, and there were no cars. So I called him to get an update. When I called him yesterday, the first ring didn't complete before the call went to voice-mail. Steve's shop is closed, while he attends a show on Columbus Oh, with a "high-profile" customer... He will be back in 10 days on 02/20/2017. My parts will be his 1st priority when he gets back.

Then my car can be finished.

Looking forward to that.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Looking forward to that.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product.
    Jonas

Check out our build blog - https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    FFR Type-65 Coupe 720
    London Ontario Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of positive news on the Pandora front...

The halo should be finished in a couple of days and back in the car. We'll see how that works out.

I bought a GTM car cover a few years ago... But I've never had her to the point where I wanted to put it on her.

But since we had to block the dust from the interior while we wait for the halo and the windshield, I thought it was time to bring it out of the box.

Then we put my outdoor cover for my CLS over it. That should keep everything clean until Steve finally gets finished with the halo.

If I can get a picture of her with her new red dress, I'll post it. I've never seen it.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-20-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Steve, he's supposed to have the halo and a pillar covers ready to test fit tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting that confirmation from Tony.

So there should be more progress made towards getting her wrapped up in the next couple of days.

The car is ready to be finished, and we're just waiting on this.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-21-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The final touches of a build seem to take exponentially more time than you would think. That's when you put away the sledgehammer and take out the microscope. The waiting will be so worth it. Keep us updated, Mike!
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that I tend to post at "information overload', but... I'm pretty excited. What can I say...?

Tony sent a note to let me know that Steve came to the shop, with the roll bar halo for a test fit. When I asked how it went, he told me that it fit "PERFECTLY"; and that he estimates that he estimates a 1-1/2" to 2" gain in range of vision. To me that is excellent news at multiple levels.

1) I'll be able to see through the windshield much easier.
    2) The windshield will be back in the car on Friday, which means that the final cut & buff will be taken care of on Friday.
    3) Final assembly will be taken care of very soon. (Monday to Tuesday)

I'm assuming that Pandora will be done next week. I am really happy that we are this close. And... I am proud of the work that Tony and the Guys have done.

I would have never dreamed that my car would finish up as nicely as she has.

Thanks,

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The Stig,

Awesome news! The 485 will not be the same when Pandora hits the pavement for real. Enjoy!! You deserve it after so many trials and tribulations. I took the time to read the entire thread last weekend. You have the patience of Jobe! Congrats on a true gem. Truly, ENJOY!!

Len
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

So very excited for you! It has been quite the experience getting this far, and I can't imagine how you must feel as she finally gets wrapped up -- for real this time!

I hope she exceeds your expectations at every level, and gives you nothing but trouble free, happy miles!

I can't wait to see her all finished!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Mike.
    I have a real question for you, how are your tires? How old are they? I have the same concerns about the tires that came with my kit. The have zero miles on them, but they are probably 8 years old. I'm concerned about how they will perform, to the extent that I will probably put new tires on when I start driving mine.
    With the money you have in your body, make sure you maximize your grip, $1500 in tires is nothing, relatively.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Great news Mike.
    I have a real question for you, how are your tires? How old are they? I have the same concerns about the tires that came with my kit. The have zero miles on them, but they are probably 8 years old. I'm concerned about how they will perform, to the extent that I will probably put new tires on when I start driving mine.
    With the money you have in your body, make sure you maximize your grip, $1500 in tires is nothing, relatively.
    I've had the exact same concern for a while, and I fully expect to need to replace them due to "flat spots" from sitting in one place for so long on multiple occasions.

So a new set of Michelin PS (somethings) may be in the cards.

If not, it will be a nice surprise. It'll be obvious enough as soon as I get it out on a smooth hwy, which is only about 3 minutes from Tony's shop.

As always, We'll see.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike,

Hope You Get Her Completed By Tuesday!
    A Real Party It Will Be @ "Camp-The Stig" For Sure!
    It's Mardi Gras Day Don't You Know!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 02-24-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I'm assuming that Pandora will be done next week.
    Mike
    Hope that happens!
    But this is Pandora we're talking about so we'll see, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_ View Post
    Hope that happens!
    But this is Pandora we're talking about so we'll see, right?
    That's exactly right! This is Pandora we're talking about. She has always had a way of determining her own schedule...

After talking to Tony this afternoon, I really get the sense that she'll be finished up by the end of next week.

We'll See...

LOL

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The windshield is back in.

The Final Cut & Buff is back on the schedule.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-27-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mardi Gras Day Is Tomorrow So Throw Me Something Mister!

Another great milestone for Pandora!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was really looking forward to final pictures!
    hope it's soon!
    She's a beauty.

Post Thanks / Like
    We took Pandora out to check the brakes and check for leaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NMDQyZ5pYI

This car is crazy fast...! And the brakes work really well. 60 to 0, step on the brakes and she tracked absolutely straight ahead.

Very nice pedal feel. I felt very comfortable with it.

She started spitting coolant from the rear overflow catch tank. The temp came up a bit. Looks like we may need to purge some air from the coolant lines again. I think everything will be fine once we've taken care of that once and for all.

I'm re-learning the feel of the clutch, and finding the release point for shifting again.

Man this car is fun.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-03-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast