FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: VRaptor SpeedWorks GTM Build Manual?! Want one?

Post Thanks / Like

VRaptor SpeedWorks GTM Build Manual?! Want one?

Well, I've been asked dozens of times to come up with a build manual with all of my tips and tricks to building one of these cars. After some consideration, I will agree to do this.....BUT.....before I can do this, I need a new (from scratch) Gen II GTM build scheduled in here so I can take pics and document the whole build. So if you guys want a VRSW build manual, maybe you guys can help me find a build?!

Not gonna lie....the economy has slowed things down considerably here and if something doesn't come along in the next month or so......I'm going to be twiddling my thumbs and wondering what in the heck I'm gonna do with my life. So....you want a build manual?....maybe someone out there can hook me up with a GTM build?

If you're a guy (or gal?) who has considered having a turn-key GTM custom made to your specs, this would be a great time to take the leap! Normally I'd have to tell people that I can't get started on their GTM for a year or so.......not the case at this time, so take advantage of the quick turn-around!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I Buy That In a Heartbeat

This is a great idea, wished I’d thought of it, just to get the ball rolling, sign me up for one of the first ones.

Knowing how slow the economy is, making people shift their money recourses around to make ends meet, yes it might be tough finding a new owner for the build, but please don’t give up on this idea.

Thinking out loud here, Shane do you think you can build a GTM under a form of sponsorship program?

Thinking along the lines of manufactures offering to donate their products for the build. Once the car is finished it can be auctioned off at a big show or open house, with the proceeds going toward a charitable cause or foundation. Heck I bet that the forum members would step up and sponsor you to cover your expenses.

Everyone would get something good out this project all the way around. Helping a good cause, getting a one of a kind build manual, someone getting a great car from one the best builders in the country what is there not to like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile With Out Hesitation!

Shane,
    ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT THINKING TWICE!!!!!!!!!

One example of your experience, knowledge and workmanship is the your Telescoping Colunm Technique. Not only is it better on the wallet it also works with out the issues some have had using the kit. To my knowledege no one person/shop has built as many GTMs and kept the notes you have.. Can I buy a copy today?

Did you get my last PM?

R/s
    Vidal
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    I will put a quick answer to this just to put it back on the front page for everyone.

If you are going to build a GTM---GET THIS!!!

Shane is a great asset to the community and his building knowledge will help to steer around many of the issues that you might have to deal with.

Great Idea Shane, and awfully nice of you to offer this to everyone.

Erik Johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik, I think it should be noted that this is not yet currently available, but your posts make it sound that way. I just don't want people being confused.

I think this is a GREAT IDEA and no one in the GTM community is better versed than Shane to put this together, but it sounds like he is just seeing if anyone is interested at this point.

I think he should do it regardless of whether it relates specifically to a Gen II or not. He has plenty of tricks to doing details that will spill over to the Gen II and there are still plenty of Gen Is being built by people that could use his insights.

Like I said, I think this is a great idea, I just understand that it is not actually an available product...yet.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crash, for clearing that up.....I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea either! Just to bring this up-to-date, I do have a Gen II scheduled to come in soon, and even after I get going on it, it will still be several months before I'll be ready to start turning manuals out. Thanks for the input and the confidence in me everyone!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Great! I'm glad to hear that you'll have another one to keep the shop going. And as Crash said, you would be the one to put this together. I can't imagine anyone having more experience with working out the trouble spots of the GTM than you. Your work is awsome, and your ideas for changes and updates are always spot on. Congrats, and good luck going forward.

I was going over all the parts that I've bought from the forum vendors over the past year or so... And it looks like VRaptor Speedworks has recieved a large chunk of my "lunch money". You offer Great products, at what I consider to be very reasonable prices.

Take Care Shane!
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-03-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am interested in this when it going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It may be a touch late for my current build by the time your manual is published, but I'm thinking this wont be my last GTM build so add me to your list!
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle