Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory Five Interactive Kit Builder Program

Superannuated Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Ready for the coupe version to show up. Maybe you you should have a POM contest for the virtual cars, too....

Doodling:

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a go and found it very easy to use. I found a small hitch with the last page of options (defrost/heater, EFI harness), If you select an option by accident clicking on it again doesn't deselect it. Apart from that I can't wait for the Hotrod and 818 versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about white....cant seem to make the car white? My wife is getting sick of me asking her, "what about this...or this...or this" Love the program
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    xatudor, we tested that step out and I have not been able to recreate any bug. What might be confusing about that step is how it used. It is unlike the other steps. Where you can have multiple or none selected.

LuckyWinner, you might be fighting the reflection on the car. It is very white, but the reflection of the garage plays with the overall color of the car. I hope to provide a way for people to adjust the reflection value of the car in paint mode, but that is on our "maybe list".

That is awesome, maybe let your wife mess with the color selector. That way can bring her in on some of the process.

White - with reflections

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Cow! I'm still a ways away from building mine ( thought the light at the end of the tunnel can actually be seen now ) and I don't know how many times I've built it in my head thus far. This is fantastic! Worth it for the paint alone! Have been debating between copper w/black, and the traditional blue w/ white. This hasn't made the decision any easier, but it has made it more fun! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    too much fun
    2011 Subaru Forester - the DD - uber rare 5spd manual
    1990 Miata - Track Rat, autocrossing cheap POS - love it
    2018 Factory 5 Racing 818 Hardtop Coupe - preapproved by the wife

Post Thanks / Like
    This has got to be one of the coolest things I have seen here. Very useful program...especially for the hardest part, paint selection!
    -Don
    FFR6966 - MK3.1, IRS, AFR 205 headed 408w, depleted bank account, pissed off wife, friends think I'm a hermit, hoping to finish the Cobr@.
    My Build Site PS Footbox Mod .pdf .dwg
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.3dautosports.com/ffr/beta...2/08-00-24.png
    What a fun program now i just need the money to build my own

Post Thanks / Like
    Tons of options!
    I can do this all day!
    My Fav's
    Check out Lime Green, and Light Blue; they really pop.

Last edited by Cobra79; 02-17-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is absolutely awesome! Great job! I'll be sure to tell people to go online and virtually build their own when they ask me about mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the process of restoring the first version's photos on the server.

In this latest version of the program, we added wheels and carpet to the paint list. We also created an all new save system which will allow you to share a link of your car with anyone. You can now toggle on/off the garage background.

Example, you can open this exact car here: http://3dautosports.com/ffr/beta/?b=770ad3eb

Last edited by 3D FFR; 03-13-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was getting some feedback about the car being too reflective, causing issues with pure white cars. I reduced the amount of reflectivity in the body to address this issue. Below are some before and after photos.

Before:

After:

Link to this car : http://www.factoryfive.com/interacti...b=120426bd18d6

Post Thanks / Like
    That does look better. And I do like the orange!

If you are open to any further suggestions, how about the small trim stripe alongside the big stipes either being optionally different colors or not there at all?

Thanks again for this app.
    Tim
    FFR MkIV #7393 - LS3, TR6060, 8.8" - Registered 2015 - Painted 2019
    HSV Clubsport R8
    Kwaka ZX-14R

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't look like the screenshots are saving correctly for me. Aside from that, this looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    bump
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post
    bump
    Unfortunately this software has been archived for a few of reasons, none of them related to the actual program, all the problems came from the 3D engine/tools used to create the program. From what I understand, the software was sucessful for FFR. But a vulnerability in the 3D engine caused issues for the site. And the creators of the 3D tools never came up with a fix, they ended support for that tool and recently started to support HTML5 3D.

I'd love to come back and revisit the software someday, I could turn it into an mobile app or convert it over to be HTML 5 compatible. Personally, I like the mobile app idea. I've had great success on mobile platforms as of late, the last app I released is now over 3 million downloads.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great idea - so may web sites are adding 3D to their offerings - like Lowe's and Home Depot, to allow customers to see what the design would look like. We even are setting up a VR room at the Lowe's trial stores to allow a customer to layout the room while at the store. There are a number of other stores getting ready to offer VR on the web for clothing too. Good to see FFR out in front with some of these features!

Now if there was just a way to clean the bugs off my car by putting it in a VR room!
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five was ahead of the curve when it came to this builder program. I even talked about having Augmented reality as an options. You could place a piece of paper in your garage or driveway that had an FFR logo target. You then aim your phone at it and see your dream Factory Five car sitting in your driveway! You could walk around it, change the paint color on the fly, etc. But this was 2012, not many people knew the positive physiological impact of Augmented reality yet :P
    Last edited by 3D FFR; 10-06-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would this let you order anything you like? Or user would get a warning? Say if you are trying to order parts that don't match or are conflicting with other parts.
    These pictures helps tremendously. I ordered my kit last month and it took couple phone calls to validate that I ordered what I thought I ordered.

Yes, I had no idea what I was ordering LOL
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12