Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Axles are still too short...

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a very nice email from Jim. I just wanted to publicly say thank you. I will soon be back rolling with his help.

We did not yet pin point exactly why my setup is so widely off as there are many factors involved. I can say that FFR is going to get me taken care of and is verifying their geometry to ensure that this is an isolated issue and not affecting other kits. Many thanks to Jason, Jim, Dave and all at FFR who have helped along the way!

Cheers,
    Don
    -Don
    FFR6966 - MK3.1, IRS, AFR 205 headed 408w, depleted bank account, pissed off wife, friends think I'm a hermit, hoping to finish the Cobr@.
    My Build Site PS Footbox Mod .pdf .dwg
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Post Thanks / Like
    Has Factory Five offered to send someone out to look at your car.Dave offered to send someone out to look at my frame that was bent .It seems that 4 months should have been enough time to figure out how to fix the problem . If longer half shafts will fix your problem I'll donate a 100.00 to the fix.
    Anniversary Special,Dart Aluminum 427, AFR 225 outlaw heads,Howard Cams,Hillborn stack injection,Liberty Gears prepedTKO600, Five Link, ISIS Wiring,8.98 @151 with no power adders Photo album HTTP://photobucket.com/anniversary-car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Has Factory Five offered to send someone out to look at your car.Dave offered to send someone out to look at my frame that was bent .It seems that 4 months should have been enough time to figure out how to fix the problem . If longer half shafts will fix your problem I'll donate a 100.00 to the fix.
    Wow Bill, you are too kind. No worries though. The way Jim was going to take care of me will be just right.

Now I just need to fix my camshaft issue.
    -Don
    FFR6966 - MK3.1, IRS, AFR 205 headed 408w, depleted bank account, pissed off wife, friends think I'm a hermit, hoping to finish the Cobr@.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, what was the solution? Did you determine the root cause?

I have a complete kit Mark IV with IRS (pin drive width) that I will start building soon and you have me second guessing the axles.

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel pretty confident that my differential is mounted .281" too far to the PS. Not sure if any quality control issues exist with the LCA mounting points or arms lengths. At the end of the day you should just verify that your bearings are in all the way by sticking your thumb against it to feel where it is. I have seen a couple of pin drive guy's cars and it looks like my situation is not the norm, but rather an outlier.

I am still waiting for Jim to follow through with me. So I am crossing my fingers that I will have a happy ending.
    Last edited by Don; 04-03-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    -Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12