I've been working on the roadster trying to get it ready to pick up the painted body so today I was hoping to do the dash install. I covered it earlier this week in felt and a couple of days ago covered the face in faux leather from JoAnns fabrics.

I purchased some weldwood contact cement and applied it to the edges and the back of the dash, waited for 30 minutes as directed and tried to fold the dash covering over the back of the dash. Nothing. No stick at all. So I sprayed it with 3m contact cement, waited for it to get tacky and tried to fold it over the dash edge again. NO GO. It pulled the weldwood cement right off the back of the dash.

I got this overwhelming desire to do something incredibly stupid so I picked the dash up and it accidently hit the ground with tremendous force, twisting it and basically ruining it. (No pics, I wasn't in the pic taking mood at the time)

Oops.

I immediately called Glenn Evans and made arrangements to ship my destroyed dash to him. He is making me a new one from thicker aluminum in my pattern and crinkle-coat powdercoating it.

S@*#w the "leather" dash! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

I feel better now...