BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: FAQ: How to sell a used Cobra-Please read before posting

Post Thanks / Like

FAQ: How to sell a used Cobra-Please read before posting

"The first thing you have to do is come up with a set of "comps" on your car. This is much harder then it sounds (do not let yourself think that just because you saw one car sell for $40,000, and your car needs "just a little work" to make it look like that one, that you can get $35,000 for it), as each and every car is different from yours in one way shape or form. Next, you need to sit down and write up a very detailed description of the car, list the good and the bad, disclose everything about the car up front and you'll have less questions that need to be asked. List the interior condition, exterior condition, drivetrain, suspension, paint, rust, it's history if you know it, factory options, awards won, etc and so forth. After all of that is done, print it out and read it for continuity, if it reads choppy to you, and does not flow, then you need to rewrite it until it flows better. Next, find a well lit area and take lots of pictures as you can never have too many detail shots, (make sure to force the flash on every shot if need be) Every panel should have at least one shot to cover it, take shots of the interior, dash, seats, etc. Engine compartment shots from the front, then the side, trunk shots to show the detailing (or lack of detailing). List the full VIN, and how the car is titled. When you think you have everything listed, put yourself in the buyers position and ask any and all of the questions as if you were going to be buying the car. Again, write down the answers and incorporate anything you might have missed in to your original advertisement. When you have all of this information then, and only then should you post your "for sale" notice."

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

2. Thanks PACobra83, FF6602 thanked for this post
    Likes Beaucage777 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, What is the best way to post photos of my car in the classifieds? Thanks in advance for your advice. Warmly, Greg Fowler

Post Thanks / Like
    You need a minimum number of posts (20? 25?) before you can add photos.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Fowler View Post
    Good morning, What is the best way to post photos of my car in the classifieds? Thanks in advance for your advice. Warmly, Greg Fowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    You need a minimum number of posts (20? 25?) before you can add photos.

Jeff
    ...or the admin notices the post and sees you've been a member for a long time, then he just goes and upgrades your account.

Greg, you're good to go.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

6. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, big time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent recap!

Post Thanks / Like
    When can you post on the for sale forum? I still dont have access to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hooligan989 View Post
    When can you post on the for sale forum? I still dont have access to it
    25 (or was that 50?) posts under your belt.

If you have a FFR kit or completed FFR car, that can be bumped with a little admin help.
    Rob Windsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, just joined up, I've used this site to solve a lot of my issues with my roadster build, I tried using brokers to sell my car but have been told that that the quality of the factory 5 cars are sub par and are not getting any where near to what I have put into it, I talked to the guys at Factory Five, and they mentioned trying to post it on your site first so here I am, the car has all quality brand new parts from the ground up and was hoping to post it for sale, so what is the actual amount of posts before I can list it, thanks