Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Design ideas-benchmarking from the best

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the 2005 Ascari KZ1-R. Never seen one before, but it looks awesome.

About the roof storage, I say forget it. I think the front radiator needs to have a Lotus Elise set up. Air comes in, angles up, through the radiator, and exits through the hood. This creates downforce.

Toyota MR2's had a problem. The front was sort of a small trunk/spare tire holder. The air would come in from the front, go through the radiator, then exit under the car. This created lift.

Driving an Elise, with the top off, if you stick your hand in the wind coming over the windshield, you can feel the hot air from the radiator.

The Elise has a hard top that is removable. Place it in a bag and keep it in the garage. The folding soft top will fit in the trunk and is great for getting caught in the rain.

That's my vote. I want a hard top option, but an emergency soft top option would be great. I feel that function needs to be first. To be completely honest, if there was an option for a solid fixed roof, that's what I'd get. It'll probably look better, be stiffer, and lighter.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve91T; 03-06-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love 05's design! the wheels really bring it all together. I like the idea of the retractable wing too. keep working on this design, i would love to see the car look like this!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm all for something with 904 inspiration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve91T View Post
    I love the 2005 Ascari KZ1-R. Never seen one before, but it looks awesome.
    Yeah I agree, a body design drawing inspiration from the Ascari would be perfect

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by crackedcornish; 03-07-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
    How cute. I dub it, "Gidget".

Post Thanks / Like
    how about a modified GTM

sorry I can't draw ...so I cut up a pic of it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keys2heaven View Post
    How cute. I dub it, "Gidget".
    Well its the Smyth Performance G3F, but you can pronounce G3F as Gidget if you want. Its a rendering that was based on a shrunken GTM.

Hopefully the crowdsource community that produced this concept will make an entry for the design contest.

Post Thanks / Like
    With Saleen shelving this car years ago, and now getting out of producing whole mustangs for sale... maybe they'll sell the rights and molds for this.

Otherwise, with FFR's other ford history ties... FFR could resurrect a car that most people probably don't remember

Targa version of the GT70 for the new subaru powered car, and S5S Raptor coupe version for the next update of the GTM, perhaps...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this has a roof, but a car any Subaru enthusiest would die to have. I love the side shot of this car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Otherwise, there is this:

Maybe this car could be an opportunity to update the Puma GT Convertible as a topless mid-engined (rather than rear-VW-engined) roadster. This is someone else's impression, not mine...

updated from this original:

Post Thanks / Like
    take this nose/grille (below the headlights)

and put it, and a targa style roof bar on this car

Post Thanks / Like
    The Blue Car done by Stavros above I like a lot, same idea I am working on for the most part, and yes I decided to come up with something....

The Blue car above is basicly the Porsche 918 spyder reshaped here and there with RX-7 tail lights, some kind of generic headlights, aftermarket seats and smoothed out the 2 rear humps. I Love it! the back section behind the rear tires could be a little longer though, other then that it works!

go here to view a large image of it.
    http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7907/halcyonbybt.jpg

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 03-09-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    The Blue Car done by Stavros above I like a lot, same idea I am working on for the most part, and yes I decided to come up with something....

The Blue car above is basicly the Porsche 918 spyder reshaped here and there with RX-7 tail lights, some kind of generic headlights, aftermarket seats and smoothed out the 2 rear humps. I Love it! the back section behind the rear tires could be a little longer though, other then that it works!

go here to view a large image of it.
    http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7907/halcyonbybt.jpg

David
    or put your cursor on the pics and right click, then select "view image"

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like my account issues have finally been resolved and I can join the forum discussions!

It will be interesting to how the rest of competition pans out. I have a feeling some of the big gun designers are going to be submitting some crazy 3D designs blowing away the competition, but it's always fun to give it a shot!

I posted a version of this on GRM, but I figured I'll share another sketch of my Halcyon concept posted above. The idea for that one was to keep the radiator mid mounted eliminating the need for a large vent up front. It also give you much more ground clearance up front with the raised center section of the front bumper. This translates to a least 7 inches or ground clearance up front. And for the track guys who don't need ground clearance for driveways speed bumps, and potholes, a flat splitter could be bolted on the bottom edge of the front bumper.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456